CHAPTER TEN: "I WANT TO BE WITH YOU MOMMY"

24.03.2021

Ashley's P.O.V:

Today the doctors agreed that I am able to go home. Of course I want to come back home, to my home, but Shawn tells me that I can live with him and Raul. I don't want to interfere with their lives, but both Shawn and Raul beg me to stay with them so I think I have to say 'yes', right? And I agree. 

"Of course you won't work here because you have to rest"

"But I'm okay Shawn, please let me work. Actually, I need the distraction. Pretty please"

"No! The doctor told that you have to relax"

"But I'm not pregnant anymore-"

Then there is a long silence between us and then Raul comes to the living room where Mendes and I are. 

"Mommy" Raul runs to me and hugs me. "You should rest, I can make you something to eat and drink when daddy will go to work"

I love it when he calls me his 'mommy'. It makes me smile, really.

"I know baby, but I'm here to take care of YOU, plus I'm better now and I don't want you to get hurt" I knee to face him.

"You sure, Ash?" Shawn asks.

"Yes, I'm positive. Don't worry about me. I will take a good care of your son"

Then Shawn goes to work and I stay with Raul.

"So Raul. What would you like to do today?"

"Can we go to the park? To the playground?" He asks.

"Of course we can, but first we have to make a dinner for us and daddy, okay?"

"Okay, but what we should do for the finner?"

"Do you know any recipes?" I ask the four-year-old, but he's really smart at his age and to be honest I don't really know what do they both like.

"Yes! Can we make pancakes?" He asks.

"Of course-"

"But daddy is gluten-free"

"Don't worry, we will use gluten-free products"

We both have fun during doing pancakes. If Raul's happy, I'm happy too. He and Shawn make me forget about bad things and notice good things. 

We eat dinner and go to the park.

When we cross the zebra crossing, I can't believe my eyes. I see Dante, coming right to me. I come in to park. Raul runs to the playground and I sit on the bench to have watch him. And unfortunately Dante comes to me and sits next to me. I don't want to talk to him. Not now. Or even never.

"Hey"

"Hey" I mumble.

"I heard you had a misscarriage"

"Yeah" I mumble again.

"I'm really sorry, do you know who was the father?

Oh God, here we go again...

"No? How?" 

"Calm down, Ash. I was just curious"

"You know what? It's better if you leave now"

"As you wish" Dante says and leaves.

And I start crying out of nowhere. Raul sees me crying, runs to me.

"What happened mommy? Why are you crying?" Raul asks and hugs me. 

Dante hears that Raul has just called me 'mommy'. He looks at me but I don't care. I just hug Raul. He is like my real child, he treats me like his real mommy. And that only matters for me now...

"Let's go home, mommy" Raul says.

"You sure? You don't want to play more here?"

"No, I want to be with you mommy" He hugs me and we cry together.

I don't know what I would do without Raul and Shawn...

We go back home together. He goes to his room to watch some TV and I go to my room. And of course, start crying again. After some time I hear someone's footsteps. The door opens and I hear Shawn's voice saying: "Hey baby, what happened? Are you crying?"

"I mean I do really love Raul, but he's your child and not mine and that's the problem. I don't really feel like I can act like his mom, it is too much to me"

"Baby, you are the only woman which can be the mother of my son. And to be honest, I have been thinking about that and I wanted you to be his lawful mother, so you can be finally a mom"