CHAPTER SIX: VALENTINE'S DINNER WITH MENDES

A/N: At first I wanted to say that I am so sorry for not posting yesterday anything, I had some problems with myself and I gave up posting yesterday. And here you have - longer chapter.

14.02.2021

Ashley's P.O.V:

Valentine's Day! Woah! So amazing!

I hate this day to be honest even though I own my Valentine. Dante and I would probably spend Valentine's Day together, giving flowers, chocolates, Valentine's cards, just a nice gift, a picnic outside or just Netflix and chill. 

"Ashley, baby , I need you" Dante calls me from the living room. 

"I'm coming" I say heading from the kitchen to the room where he is. "What do you want?" I ask, when I come through the door.

"Guess what day is it today?" He asks. I see he is hiding something behind his back.

"Sunday?" I ask ironically.

"Oh come on"

"I know it's Valentine's Day you dumb" I joke.

"I have something for you" He hands me a small box.

"Really? You didn't have to-" I open it and see NOTHING.

"Are you joking right now?" I look at me and he starts laughing.

"Bahahahahaha, you thought I would buy you something? You know I don't like celebrating this stupid day"

"Dante! It's not Prima Aprilis! It hurted me, you know!?"

"Lol you thought that I would buy you just a stupid gift. I have something better for you" He says, but I am not sure if I should believe him.

"I hope it isn't one of your other jokes or you will be in big trouble, Graves."(A/N: Graves is Dante's surname just in case)

"Believe me, I won't prank you then like now"

"I hope so, Dante"

I wonder sometimes why I am still with him in a relationship...

---

Shawn's P.O.V:

Valentine's Day today! How I... HATE... yes, HATE this day. I don't understand this day. So this day is needed so people can show their love only TODAY? If people really love each other, they should show love all the time, not only on special day. Am I right?

Anyways, on every Valentine's Day both and Camila and I don't celebrate it at all. We are arguing all the time because I want to do something else and she wants to do anything else.

And because we aren't happy in our marriage, we decided to get divorced. After seven years of lying and cheating.

But well, maybe we weren't meant to be together. Things like those happen. What we can do?

I go to the living room where Camila is with divorce papers. I sit in the distance.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" She looks at me.

"Yeah! This marriage was a huge mistake" I say.

"Alright. I'm gonna move out from you and move with kids to Matt" She says.

"To be honest, I don't care, do what you want, it's your life and I am not responsible for you"

"Yeah, you're right" 

Then both and I fill the divorce papers. I don't want to look at her when she is packing her things so I decide to have dinner with Raul in the restaurant.

He's the only person I care about.

---

Ashley's P.O.V:

In the evening Dante calls me that he invites me to a Valentine's date in the restaurant near Mendes' house. I hope I won't see my boss there. I mean I really like Mr Mendes but he has his own life and I have my own life and that's it.

I head to the restaurant. But I don't see my boyfriend there. So I just sit quietly and peacefully waiting for him to come. And then finally I get a call from him.

"Hey baby, I am so sorry, but I' afraid I won't be able to have a dinner tonight"

"What? Are you joking right now?!" 

"No" And then I hear some laughs, like girl laughs.

And then he ends the call.

I'm sure he is cheating on me. And I didn't see it? I'm so stupid. I have tears in my eyes.

"Ashley? Is that you?" I look up and I see MR MENDES?

Oh no!

"Mr Mendes??"

"Is everything alright?" Raul asks me.

"Yeah, I'm okay" I lie.

"I don't think so. Tell me what's going on" Mendes says.

I tell him everything and we spent nice evening, eating, talking, laughing. 

Well, he's not that bad.