CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: RAUL IS GONE...

A/N: I decide to do after this part a prologue and end this one story and do another story, and also don't hate me for k*lling Raul here.

29.03.2022

Ashley's P.O.V:

I am sitting with my boyfriend, Luke Hemmings at our condo, on a cozy coach, watching 'Lucifer' on Netflix. Suddenly I get a call from Shawn.

"Who's that?" Luke asks.

"Shawn" I say.

"What does he want?" Luke hates Shawn, but loves Raul and treats him like his own son.

"I don't have an idea, maybe he wants to know more about Raul"

I'm telling you why Shawn may be calling to ask about Raul. The thing is that the court told that Raul will live with Luke and me because his father is a wreck of a person after lot of things and is not able to take care of him. Shawn can visit Raul and take him somewhere but he has to inform me where they are going or what they are doing.

And today they also went to the fun fair.

I answer the phone.

"Hello-"

"Raul is in the hospital!" I hear Shawn's shaking voice.

Again? What did he do this time?

"WHAT? I LET YOU TAKE RAUL AND HE'S IN A HOSPITAL ALREADY!?"

"It's not my fault, he just fall on the ground out of nowhere"

"In which hospital he is?"

"Mercy General Hospital"

"I'll be then in 10" I end the call.

I cannot believe Raul is in the hospital again, I hope he will be okay. Since the accident I'm worried about him 24/7.

"What happened?" Luke asks me.

"Raul is in the hospital again"

"Again? What did Mendes do to Raul?"

"He said that Raul fell on the ground out of nowhere. I need to go there and check"

"I'm not gonna let you drive, if else you will cause an accident. I will drive you there"

"Really? But you said you're busy-"

"Positive" He smiles.

"Thank you, Luke" I kiss him on a cheek.

---

We finally get there. I run to the room where Raul is. I see Shawn there. He's crying.

"Ashley..."

"DON'T TALK TO ME RIGHT NOW!"

"Calm down, Ash. It's not gonna help Raul"

"Tell me-" Before I end my sentence, the doctor comes to us.

"I'm sorry Mr Mendes and Ms Parker, but Raul has just been pronounced dead. We couldn't save him, unfortunately. I'm sorry"

Luke, Shawn and I stand there in competely shook. Shawn and I start crying. Shawn falls on the floor, kneeing, face hidden in his hands. I hug Luke, who stays calm to support me but I see he's having tears in his eyes too. He really loved Raul like his real son.

So do I. I treated Raul like my biological child.

I just cannot believe it. My baby is gone...

"I HATE YOU, MENDES!" I yell, running out of the hospital, Luke's running after me.

We go back home in competely silence. I go to Raul's room. He won't be back here anymore. And it k*lls me. Without Luke, I wouldn't know how to live after Raul's death.

But it will take me some time to accept that Raul is not alive anymore...