CHAPTER TWELVE: "ABOUT WHOM ARE YOU TALKING?"

25.03.2021

Shawn's P.O.V:

"Hey, I'm home and we have a guest" I announce.

"Who is it?" Raul says, when he comes to the hall.

"Meet Charlotte, your sister" I say. 

"About whom are you talking?" Ashley says.

"About a little girl who is standing after me- Wait- where is she? Charlotte?"

"Are you drunk Shawn?"

"But she was standing right next to me, believe me-" And then everything goes black...

---

"Daddy! Daddy! Wake up!" I hear Raul's voice, but my eyes don't want to open.

"Shawn! Wake up!"  I finally come to my senses.

"What has happened?"

"You had a nightmare"

"But where is Charlotte?"

"Who?" Ashley asks confused.

"Charlotte, my daughter"

"Are you hallucinating, daddy?" Raul asks.

"No! I mean- I don't know now..."

How is it possible that they don't know Charlotte. Or she has never existed and it was just a stupid dream. It seemed so real...

I need to know if Charlotte was real or not. After breakfast I want to go to the cemetery, but Ashley stops me. She is worried about me because I am exhausted and sick but I need to know what is going on here. Is it a sign or what?

I head to Melody's grave. And I see also Charlotte's name on it. I'm competely shocked. I don't understand it. I see Melody's parents. They are calling me a 'killer', 'murderer'. What is happening here?

Then memories come to my mind. About two years ago, I had a car accident. I don't remember much but there were victims.  I don't Were the victims Melody and Charlotte? And that little girl from my dreams was haunting me? Was it a revenge or what? I even cannot think of it, it is too much to me.

I come back home competely shocked of what I have just realized. I cannot believe I k*lled Melody and our daughter. Both Ashley and Raul see that I'm not in the mood.

"Hey, what happened? You look really sad"

"Ashley, I did something really bad"

"What do you mean?" She sits next to me.

"I k*lled my girlfriend and unborn child" Ashley looks shocked.

"What? But how? When?"

"I caused a car accident. And those victims were my first girlfriend, who was having my child" I break into tears and she hugs me.

"I cannot believe it. No- You cannot do that. You are not that kind of a person"

"Do you think I will go to jail?"

"Well, they don't know if it was you and you also got hurt and you don't remember that day so you don't really know what happened"

"But still I am sure I did that"

"Let me google it on the internet, okay?" She says. She takes laptop and starts scrolling through some websites which wrote the articles about that accident. 

We look through some photos. I recognise my car. So some other car hit mine and then Melody. Oh my God. So I didn't kill her. But someone did. Someone took lifes of my girlfriend and baby. I promise I'm gonna k*ll that person.

"I will k*ll that person who killed Melody and our baby!" I am so angry right now.  I don't know what I will do when I will discover who is that m*rderer. This person should be worried now.

"Shawn! Please calm down! I'm sure the police caught this person"

"You think?" 

"Yeah, I am sure, cause look at this" She points to a sentence in the article: 'The man who caused the accident is in a jail now and he spends there 25 years'

"Just 25 years? It should be longer!"

"But you cannot change it, Shawn. You just have to accept that.