CHAPTER FIVE: "SHE HAS A HEART OF GOLD"

12.02.2021

Shawn's P.O.V:

She cheated on me. Camila cheated on me twice. Peter and Emily aren't mine. I cannot believe it. I know that I cheated too, but she was the first one who did that. I don't know what to do. Should I leave Camila? Should she leave me? But what about kids. Of course, it is not their faults and both Camila and I don't know if we really want a divorce or not.

I look at Raul. He's playing with his nearly destroyed teddy bear, sitting in not really good clothes. They are like potato sacks. I need to give him more things. He's my son and I need to take care of him. And now he has only one child. Maybe I will give Raul old Peter's clothes. Now this is the only option.

And I'm glad and thankful that Ashley - even though I acted weird in the supermarket - decided to help me and Raul. She has a heart of gold. Really. I don't want to lose her so I need to tell her all the truth.

"Hey Raul!" I kneel to him.

"Hi daddy. Can I ask you something?" He looks at me with his 'bambi' eyes.

"Yes, what is it?" I get worried.

"Can I get a new clothes maybe? I don't really like those. Everybody makes fun of me because how I look like" Raul says with a sad face.

It breaks my heart seeing him like this.

"We can get new clothes and toys even today you know?"

"Yay! Thank you daddy. I love you so much" Raul hugs me. It is a beautiful feeling. He deserves so much.

But I need to take Peter's old clothes because Raul need to get dressed not like he is wearing a potato sack. I take Raul's hand and I head to Peter's room.

"Hey, would you mind if I take some of your old clothes?" I ask.

"Nope, at all" Peter agrees, without even looking at me.

I take those clothes and I hand them to Raul.

"Here you are, Raul"

"Thank you" His smile makes me happy. If he's happy, I am happy too.

"Wait!? You're giving my clothes to him?" Peter turns to me.

"Yes, because he needs them and you don't"

"And what else will you give him? My old toys, my console, my tablet?"

I look at Raul who is really sad and feels like a nobody. It breaks my heart.

"Peter! Stop acting like that! He's your brother and-"

"He's not my brother and he will never ever be!" Peter yells and comes out of the room.

"Peter! Come back here!"

"You're not my father!"

He is right, I'm not...

"Are you mad at me, daddy?" Raul asks me.

"Of course not. Why would I?" I kneel down.

"Because Peter hates me for being here and I am mad at myself for being alive"

"Baby, don't listen to him. You mean so much to me and I cannot lose you. I promise you will be alright"

"You sure?"

"Of course" I say.

We go to the shopping centre. Then to McDonald's. Raul is so happy and it makes me happy too. After we go home it is early night so I bring my son to bed.

"Would you like me to sing to you?" I ask Raul.

"Yesssss!" Raul says and I start.

I promise that one day I'll be around
I'll keep you safe
I'll keep you sound
Right now it's pretty crazy
And I don't know how to stop
Or slow it downHey
I know there are some things we need to talk about
And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now.

Take a piece of my heartAnd make it all your ownSo when we are apartYou'll never be aloneYou'll never be aloneYou'll never be aloneWhen you miss me close your eyesI may be far but never goneWhen you fall asleep tonightJust remember that we lay under the same stars

And suddenly I stop because I hear Raul's snoring so it means he's sleeping. I kiss him on his forehead and quietly leave the room.

"Goodnight son. I love you" I say to Raul before closing the door and leaving.