Episode 5|Terence Peniel Whyte

|Dedicated to our oyibo girl...she knows what I mean 😂😂Victoria_yemi come lemme buy you visa😂😂😂|

"Henrietta." Ivanna called out softly while folding a wrapper into a bag.

Herself and her sister were packing up to move into the new place with Terence.

"Henrietta!" Ivanna called agian.

"Henri," she cooed but her sister still ignored her moving to another corner of the room to get cleaning supplies.

"Henrietta nah," Ivanna said walking up to her and poking her. Henrietta replied her by turning sharply to her with a frown.

"Please, I said I'm sorry," Ivanna pleaded as she locked her hands in Henrietta's, "please nah."

"Get outta here," Henrietta scoffed pulling away from Ivanna hold.

"I didn't know he would—"

"When will you ever know? When?" Henrietta said coldly, "Abi, I told you to go and continue staying with that your friend Miriam until I could come up with a better accommodation, but you refused. Now this same you is going to be complaining about mosquitos and dogs like if you stayed with Miriam you would be suffering any of those things."

"Biko temper justice with mercy nah," Ivanna rubbed her palms together, "it was a slip of the tongue. I didn't even know when I said it."

"It's not about you even saying it," Henrietta said still vexed with her sister, "It's about you pretending to be okay when you're not okay with it. That's what it is about!"

"I-I..."

"I would never do anything to jeopardize you or your baby's health sister," Henrietta said in a calmer tone, "and it hurts me to see you're comfortable enough to express your true feelings to strangers and lie to me. I would've continued going on thinking you were alright and who knows if in the end my ignorance could've caused you pregnancy complications or even worse death?"

"Death ke?" Ivanna sighed, "Now you're overthinking and overreacting."

"Overthinking? You should try it sometime," Henrietta retorted, "at least for the first time in your life you would finally put that brain of yours to use."

Ivanna laughed, "I know you're just saying those things to annoy but I won't budge," she stuck out her tongue, "I won't give you the pleasure of seeing me angry, you hear? I said I'm sorry and I'm sorry, if you like you take it, if not you leave it. After all, forgiveness is for your own good."

"You're just annoying!" Henrietta huffed.

"Kettle calling pot black," Ivanna retorted before whistling a tune.

Henrietta hissed, "Charcoal calling kettle black."

The two of the ladies stopped.

Then the broke out into hysterical laughter.

"What the heck is Charcoal calling kettle black? What kinda stupid comeback is that?" Ivanna laughed almost tearing up.

"My sister, I don't know oh. I just dey give am nah, as e dey hot," Henrietta replied also tearing up.

"And nah dis same you dey tell me say I no dey use my brain," Ivanna grabbed a broom and handed it over to her saying, "Take, use it and dust that your brain abeg because the cobwebs inside it no be here. Ode."

"You no get respect," Henrietta laughed, jocosely slapping her sisters arm.

"Oya, on a serious note," Ivanna said, "we gats do fast leave this place 'cos I sure say them don wait for us tire guy."