Episode 10|A heck of a morning!

|Dedicated to someone who I just like your name even though I have no idea what it means Wuraola44 🤔|

'It's Esther Sogo's birthday. Wish her well.'

Henrietta clicked the notification and it led her to Esther's Sogo's timeline. Apparently, Esther had recently shared a post. The post had three photos, one where Esther was dressed in a white flannel shirt and crimson corduroy trousers with a man in a black suit kneeling in front of her with a ring. The second was of the man kissing Esther and the last was of her showing off her hand with her engagement ring.

The post read; 'Best birthday gift ever!'

Henrietta opened the pictures one by one. She stopped at the photo of the ring, taking her time to zoom in and stare at the picture.

She sighed.

She left the post and went back to her Facebook newsfeed.

She saw another picture of a man named Godstime Ibeh, he was in a car with his family all wearing matching outfits. The post had several pictures of Godstime and his family in Dubai. The caption of the post read; 'Hello friends. #familytrip #familyvacation'

She scrolled.

Janet Adams was celebrating just finishing her NYSC. She was dressed in her white NYSC shirt, green khakis and brown boots. She held up the certificate in the photo, a cheeky grin on her face.

She scrolled down. 

Helen Salem had tagged Henrietta in her bridal shower post. Henrietta zoomed in on the picture of the invitation card and read it's details before removing tag.

Once again, she scrolled down.

Ofem Gideon Eshiet had recently commented on a post of himself at his workplace. In the photo he stood beside two men, one was Asian and the other an American. The caption of the post read; 'Just another day at the office. #Oluwablessmyhustle #Showeryourblessings #WorkingTinsOnPoint.'

She scrolled down.

Angel Bassey, was out celebrating getting her Master Degree in Social sciences with her friends in Cyprus where she studied. She played the video post and watched the glee on Angel's face as she danced about with her foreign friends.

She watched it once, twice, thrice and she scrolled down.

Precious Plenty, was celebrating buying her parents a house. The caption above the photos of crying elderly people read; 'After all they've done for me? This is the little I can do to say thank you. Who's with me?'

Henrietta zoomed in on the photo of the elderly woman and man tearing up in shock and joy as their daughter handed them the car key. Something about the man reminded her so much of her own father.

She clicked on Precious's name and was transferred to her page. Apparently from what she read, Precious was single and into catering. She scrolled down the page and caught a glimpse of posts containing screenshots of satisfied clients. 

She scrolled up and out of Precious's page to her own newsfeed.

Just then a notification from WhatsApp popped up on her screen and she clicked it. It was a message from Davina Martins, yet another one of her school mates.The previous night, the ladies had caught up and were gisting about life. The conversation however came to an abrupt end as both ladies fell asleep on their devices.

She opened the message that Davina, who was replying to the last text Henrietta had sent, said; 'Oh, I work as a managing director of AiCon Oil company. What about you?"