Episode 33|Unofficially Official

Henrietta loved her job but, this particular morning she was just oozing love.

"Good morning!" She sang as she walked through the office gate blowing kisses and waving at the security guard.

She even entered the building greeting passers-by with the widest grin and some more kisses.

"Oh Chioma your dress is nice," She complimented while signing in.

Chioma was the lady assigned to work under Henrietta after lying about her father's surgery. Chioma looked at herself from head to toe, then at the receptionist who simply shrugged.

She gave herself a once-over before stuttering out, "T-this I-is like my seventh time wearing this d-dress."

"Really?" Henrietta quizzed turning to face her.

Chioma nodded.

Henrietta shrugged, "It still looks really lovely, regardless."

"Sorry ma, with all due respect," She gulped, "but are we safe?" Handing Henrietta the previous week's report.

There was no way Choima couldn't keep herself from asking, because Henrietta had been acting differently these days and her co-workers believed that Henrietta was turning a new leaf.

Henrietta even complimented her dress, huh? There was no way she was having it.

See Chioma didn't believe people could change; to her, Henrietta's new behavior seemed more like the calm before the storm. What she didn't know was when and how this storm would come.

"Yeah, are we safe?"

Clifford asked from behind Henrietta.

"Clifford!" she squealed before jumping into his arms. "Oh my God!" she kept shouting as she squeezed him tight.

"Ah! Please remain small love for me."

Henrietta pulled away from the hug as she said, "I know that voice anywhere."

Then she turned back pouting, "Gillis."

Gillis pouted back, "Henrietta." He stretched his arms out wide and she hugged him.

Oh, how she missed them, it almost made her cry. She kept sniffling to keep her emotions in check.

"Wait oh," she moved away and squinted her eyes, "Did you guys go on a break, or did you both go to a fattening room? Eh? What's all this pot belly I feeling like this as I'm hugging you guys?"

The two of them laughed heartily.

"Rita darling, if an ordinary father of one will be having potbelly, how will it look if me a whole father of three will still be having six packs eh? I need to, you know, upgrade and have a small potbelly."

Henrietta laughed, "Indeed."

"Or my brother no be so?"

"My brother nah so oh!" Clifford cheered him on.

"Is that how you married men encourage themselves these days when they get fat?" said Terence walking into the scene. He was adorned with a wistful smile and a coffee brown suit.

"My guys!" he echoed before engulfing them in a bro hug.

At the sight of Terence, Henrietta pulled her hair behind her ears, ironed her dress out with her palms, checked her breathing, and cleared her voice.

"Omo, I missed you guys!" Terence said slapping their arms. "You guys just left me like that, you've found wives and you've abandoned your homie."

"No one asked you to remain single, so, it's all on you," Clifford retorted.

"My brother oh." Gillis concurred, "Tell him oh. Tell him."

"Ahhh, I see," he laughed dryly, "Not only have you abandoned me in the single men club, but you potbellied-lot-of-fake-friends have also teamed up against me now in your married men club."

Henrietta chuckled behind him, she stood by patiently awaiting when they could finally make eye contact. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she started to feel nervous. Then after what felt like forever, he turned around.

"Hey, hey," she beamed.

Terence scoffed. "Yeah hey," He curtly replied, "why are you smiling like some weird freak of nature or something?"

It was like all the color in Henrietta's world disappeared, she froze and her jaw dropped to the floor. She tried to regain herself as she watched him walk over to sign the register.

"W-w-what?" she quizzed.

Ignoring her he said, "Thank God you guys are back, 'cos it's only God that knows how I survived working alone with this one."

Henrietta's heart sank and she bit the inside of her cheek as she tried to pull herself together.

"But boy am I glad that's over."

That was it for her, she grabbed him by the arm making him face her. She looked dead in the eyes, searching desperately for answers to why someone would kiss her at night and say all this the very next day.

"W-w-what?" Did that kiss mean nothing to him?

"Yes?" He replied nonchalantly shrugging her arm off.

Her eyes followed her arms as they fell back to her side in shock.

"Alright," she laughed dryly, "Two can play this game." She whispered before walking away.

"Am I missing something here?" quizzed Clifford as they all watched her leave.

"Missing what?" Terence replied taking out his phone from his pocket.

"I mean like I get you guys like to banter now and then but, weren't you being a bit too-"