Episode 16|A beautiful angel.

|Dedicated to leonazuriel |

"Oh my God!" Alejandra squealed.

Henrietta turned just in time to see Giftie majestically waltz in dressed in a white lace wedding gown. The handless mermaid dress which had a bedazzled bridal belt just below her bust, absolutely accentuated her hourglass figure. She looked so beautiful and happy.

"So what do you guys think? Do you like it?" She shrugged, rubbing her hands nervously against the lace bodice of the dress, "Mum?"

"One more thing," the bridal shop attendance named Ngozi cut in. "You forgot the veil."
She brought out the white mid arm length veil fitted in with a tiara and placed it on her head.

Mum walked up slowly to Giftie and said, "You look so..." She stopped and fanned herself with her hands struggling to keep the tears at bay, "you look so, so beautiful," she cried as she hugged her child.

"Oh God, now you're gonna make me cry, mum," Giftie whimpered hugging her back.

"Boy, did I pick a perfect day not to wear waterproof mascara," Deborah said where she sat wiping her face with her handky. Everyone including the workers at the shop laughed at her remark as they watched the mother and daughter.

In Henrietta eyes all she could see was her sister and family in that position. They were daddy's little angels and so she could imagine that her father would have been here too. She imagined Ivanna was the one in that dress. Mother would be crying like Giftie's mum and father would excuse himself so no one would see him cry. Alfred, would be telling Ivanna to try and reserve some of her tears for the actual wedding day. Brian would only smile before returning to his earpiece and Christian would've emptied the whole bottle of champagne, that the shop served its clients, in his mouth while the drama unfolded.

She smiled as she wiped away the tears that rolled down her cheeks but, her smile slowly vanished when she remembered it was just a dream.

"You look amazing, Giftie," she said. It wasn't her sister but, she wouldn't let that stop from celebrating with someone else.

Giftie let go of her mum and nodded at Henrietta. She was still finding it hard to speak.

"Amazing is an understatement," June stated, "You look like a sign board saying; Get up and go get married!"

As everyone laughed, Alejandra said, "Tell me about it. I've just sent my boyfriend a text; if he's not proposing then, I'm proposing," everyone laughed heartily again, "Either way we are both getting married this year."

"Oh come on girls, now you're all going to make us single people jealous, right Rita?" June pouted.

"Look, all I want to know right now, is the market that all of you are finding your own man," Henrietta shrugged, "let me also join you people and buy."

"Or better still we all can use clay and come up with something?" Charity said.

"Honestly, then when you're done making it, you're gonna go," June exhaled, "wake up husband, I'm you're Eve!"

Giftie scoffed, "If only it was that easy."

"Honestly," the ladies chorused. They leaned back in their chairs and laughed at themselves. They were all so happy for Giftie.