Episode 30| Somebody's son and me

|Dedicated to my fellow big foot or should I call you no senior colleague? 🤣 bussy1098 |

"Arrgh!"

The passer-by turned at the abruptness of her shout. However, Henrietta was too preoccupied with her thoughts to care about what anyone thought of her now.

"Are you mad?" she said to no one in particular.

"Heyyyyy!" she slapped her head, "Why! Why! Why!" She groaned.

If the people around her thought she was unwell before, now, they were certain she wasn't well.

She bit her lip and prayed, "Dear God, can you please just open the ground and let it swallow me please?" she looked up to the sky, "Well, I don't mean it literally," she added politely.

"BUT LET IT JUST SWALLOW ME!"

The reason for her outburst could be traced back to exactly five in the evening at the close of work when Henrietta confessed.

EARLIER ON...

"Uh...no, his eyes are closer than that," Henrietta said before turning back down to the table.

Henrietta hid her head in the arc of her left arm on the table while sketching something down with her right. She hid her head like a child trying to hide his script from the eyes of his classmates and raised it at intervals to stare in the direction of Terence who sat quietly behind his laptop.

Heaven knows Terence had been trying his best to ignore her but, curiosity wouldn't let him be. He wanted to know what she was up to.

"Come, why are you even here?" He added, "Aren't you supposed to be on your way home? Shebi I told you I'm not coming home early today and you can call Eden to drive you home? Before you will now say that it is me that kept you here. I don't know and I don't care about what you're doing there, just better start going."

Yes, he was curious but no one said anything about letting her know that.

However, Henrietta could see right through his pretense, so, she fuelled it with more dramatic remarks.

"As if I want to eat the office," she hissed, "Calm down jhoor let me finish what I'm doing first-"

"My own is that you should come and be going home." He cut in.

"Ta-da!" she shouted, "You can see it now."

He looked up from his screen to see if she was bluffing. Seeing that she wasn't, he snatched it from her and took a look at it. It was a picture of a hamburger with eyes, arms, and legs

"That's a picture of you," she smiled innocently, "Do you like it?"

He used his index finger to tell her to come closer, which she did without hesitation still wearing an innocent smile.

"You do know that if not for God, I go just carry you throw-away from this my window?" He smiled innocently too.

She chuckled and said, "You can't because you could never pass this my full-fleshed body through the burglary proof."

He scoffed. "See this skinny chekele."

"Oh please," she rolled her eyes just before the two of them started laughing.

"You no get work," he chuckled throwing the drawing back at her.

She smiled warmly and quietly stared at him as he resumed working on his Laptop. It wasn't Gi-Tech-related matters he was working on this time. He was writing a report on his share of the family business to be submitted Today unfailing.