Episode 3| Lemonades

|Dedicated to the one missing lectures 🙊 Caupcayke |

+When life gives you lemons, you make lemonades.+

"Ivanna," Henrietta said as she gently tapped her sister, "Ivy wake up, you need to go and bathe 'cos it's already 5am."

Ivanna stirred and opened her eyes to see her sister, "Good morning."

"Morning," Henrietta said gently assisting her sister to sit up, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," she yawned, "I'm just feeling a bit of pain considering we slept on the floor."

Henrietta sighed, "You see! That's why I told you not to join me here. I told you to go and continue squatting with your friend until I was able to get us a better place—"

"I can't leave you here, Henrietta!" She snapped, "it's my fault your in this mess in the first place so, I can't go and sleep with Miriam on her soft foam while only you will stay here sleeping in the floor. I can't do that!"

Henrietta sighed and rose to her feet from their makeshift bed of a wrapper and the bag of clothes her brother gave her. She stretched her body and scratched her belly as she said, "Oya stand up less pack up our things and clean the place before others start coming."

Ivanna nodded and rose to her feet, her left hand rubbed her thigh through her silk Laguna colored gown and her right cradling her bump.

"Easy oh! Easy!" Her sister cautioned rushing to assist her.

"Haba Henrietta!" Ivanna shook her hands off, "I'm fine nah. You like doing as if I'll die if I just lift a finger. What is—Hey!" She paused holding her stomach.

"Abi you've seen what I said? What is it? What happened? What happened?" Henrietta quizzed with concern as her eyes ran up and down her sister looking for any sign of a problem.

"I need to wee," she said frowning before rushing out of the scene.

Henrietta deadpanned as she watched her sister retreat and sighed, "See how she made my heart skip for nothing."

She sighed and turned back to her makeshift bed, she grabbed the Ankara wrapper and folded it neatly while whispering a prayer of thanksgiving to God Almighty for a wonderful nights rest and beautiful new day, she asked for guidance to perform in this new day and for protection over herself and her family.

"In Jesus name," she added as undoing the knot so she could put the folded wrapper into the bag, "Amen," she said.

She grabbed a brush from behind the door and began sweeping the conference room which they had made their bedroom for the night. Gillis had given them permission to rest their heads here until, they could all come up with a proper accommodation.

She also got some cleaning supplies from the store room in the office which she used to clean up the conference room, her office, the reception and a few other places. She couldn't clean up everywhere because the cleaner arrived not long after and took it from her so, instead she went to the toilet to bath.

The office compartment wasn't equipped with a bathroom where anyone could take a shower, only toilets so after fetching some water into a bucket she borrowed from the security guard, herself and Ivanna walked over to the toilet to bath.

"So the idea is that, you will bath and then small time you will come out so that I can pack the dirty water with this packer into that mopping bucket," she said, "then you enter inside again rinse your body and after that I will pack out the water again. So that the dirty water will not be touching your feet as you're bathing, you get?"