Episode 22| Everyday Heroes.

|Dedicated to committed reader beautyinka ❤️|

"Hope, please run to that place where I keep money and bring like 50,000 for me and give to the driver outside. Bring my power bank for me too. Then tell the driver that my battery died and I couldn't send the money so he should just manage that one. Tell him I'm very grateful for all he did for me—I mean us—tonight," Terence instructed as he walked in with Henrietta.

Henrietta had her arms wrapped around his his sides and he had his left hand draped over her shoulder. The two of them, were drenched in rain and were shivering from the cold. Terence led her to the sofa were Cherie stood by with dry towels for the two of them.

At his words, they nodded wordlessly

Hope advanced to do as she was instructed, Ivanna went in to get them hot tea and warm up their dinner for them, leaving Cherie, Phillip and Eden behind.

At his words, they nodded wordlessly

"Sir, please we're very sorry—"

"It's okay guys. I'm not going to fire you guys or anything. Just go and rest. Me too, I'm exhausted," Terence cut in as he wiped himself and Henrietta dry.

At his words, they nodded wordlessly and bid him goodbye. They were scared that they would loose their jobs but, Terence wasn't even angry with them. His entire focus was on the damsel beside him.

She had been like that ever since he found her. Or when she found him.

Last night, after crying a river, Henrietta found the courage to walk out of the hotel to the road. She called Ivanna for directions on how navigate from where she was to their home. Henrietta knew the road quite frankly but, with all that happened earlier she was too disoriented to even think. Plus Ivanna knew all the best routes to dodge traffic on a rainy or when there was an accident.

When Ivanna didn't pick, she called Terence instead. He was her last option since she didn't have the other two musketeers numbers. He also knew his way around the roads and she was ecstatic that he picked on the first ring. After their call she walked into a film store across the road pretending to be surfing through the shelves for a decent movie while waiting on Terence.
After a couple of hours, he called her back but, she soon lost contact with him just as it started raining.

Suddenly she rushed out in the rain to look for him. She didn't think even think about how she was supposed to identify him on the crowded streets when she had no idea what he was wearing.
She was just acting on impulse.

The rain blurred her vision and the noisiness of her surrounding didn't help her either. She stopped in her tracks, shouting out his name at the top of her lungs. She didn't mind the awkward looks from some people close enough to hear, she was just wanted to find him. After a few more vain shouts, she resolved to try another tactic.

As she racked her brain for a new plan, she saw a car that looked exactly like Omi's. 

She shuddered in fear and started to run back for the film store. She looked back as she ran on the now almost empty street, and the car was still following her. She pulled off her shoe, held them in her hand and ran on her barefoot on the cold rough pavement. Her heart racing and her body trembling.