Detention

"What are you doing here?" I marched over to Michael, he stood outside my high school leaning against his Ferrari

"What are you doing here?" I marched over to Michael, he stood outside my high school leaning against his Ferrari. Either he was oblivious to the disapproving stares that he was receiving from every single person for miles around or he just didn't care.

"You've been ignoring my texts, look babe I said I was sorry. What more do you want?" I clutched my books tighter to my chest, using them as a theatrical shield. He obviously paid to get his teeth fixed because now his mouth looked perfectly normal.

"I'm not doing this Michael. You have no respect for me, we're over. Don't contact me again." I started walking away from him but he ran in front of me, blocking my path.

"How do you expect me to have respect for you when you go to this dump? Your mom waits tables at the shitty diner in town, basically a slave and don't even get me started on your house. I only treat you what you're worth." He looked down his nose at me and I tried to dodge out of his way but he blocked my path once more.

"Get out of the way I want to go home." I muttered pathetically. He grabbed my arm, making my books tumble to the floor. He pulled me towards his car and opened the door, trying to shove me inside while I loudly protested.

"Let go of her!" His tight grip loosened on my arm and Michaels body got pulled away from me. It all happened so fast, Noah and Michael fighting but Noah clearly had more experience because he was a boxer and Michael only knows how to fight with money and harsh words. It took five people just to break them up.

"You chose this douche bag over me you whore." Michael screamed at me as he got into the car and drove away hitting his foot down on the gas.

"Mr Scott, detention... now." The principal started walking towards the school and Noah turned away, ready to make a break for it. I grabbed him by his shoulders.

"Noah, what are you doing? This will go on your permanent record." I pointed out, I knew how much he needed his education to be squeaky clean. Ditching detention would most definitely compromise that.

This was the first time I had spoken to him in over a week and melancholy eyes pulled me in instantly.

"I have to pick her up, I can't leave her waiting." He admitted. 

"I will pick her up." I offered. He looked towards the school building and then back at me, not wanting to commit to this decision.

"Noah!" the principal shouted.

"Okay. I'll call you as soon as I'm out." He said with reluctance. He didn't make any effort to walk away.

"I'll keep her safe." I reassured him. He nodded his head slowly and then turned back to the school, dragging his feet all the way to detention.

I made my way to Emily's school wondering what her reaction would be to me picking her up. I had no idea what Noah had told her. Surely he explained why I had not been around lately. I waited outside with the other parents, everyone much older than I was until the doors sprung open and children started piling out.