12: Head Bodyguard

[AN: Previous chapter: Prince Kao was drunk and he kissed Gavin.]

12: Head Bodyguard

Meyer sighed as he scrolled on his social media.

For a week now, there were rumors circulating that the eldest prince of the Thanakuns is engaged. There were photos of him and the girl named Opal on one of their arranged dates. Usually, malicious rumors like these are squashed immediately by the palace, but it seems like the king himself was the one who encourages this news.

Naturally, Gavin was bombarded by questions as soon as he stepped out of his Mercedes Maybach. Zee and Meyer instinctively used their bodies to cover him while he walks towards his classroom. If they can't reach Prince Kao, then they will ask his family members. Prince Kao hasn't been seen in public since a week ago.

Gavin can't answer for him anyway. He had no idea what was going on in the north wing, and he would only receive word from Phuwin who suddenly have an unspoken alliance with him. The only thing he knows is that the king eventually knew that he had a drunk night which lead to several whips and a few bodyguard dismissals.

"That's it for today. Remember to submit your homework online by tomorrow at noon. Please also do an advanced reading on module 7. We will discuss it on Monday. Class dismissed."

They only came out of the classroom once Gavin's classmates left. This is to avoid crowds who want to have a glimpse of Gavin. Zee and Meyer walked on either side of him to block as many camera phones as they can.

And then...

There was a roar like an angry animal. The crowd parted to avoid a masked man who was wielding a short knife. It happened in a split second. He managed to grab Gavin's arm and he aimed a swipe to his chest; the knife glinted in the air, down towards the face, the neck... but Zee was quick. He pushed the man's wrist up to avoid damage. Meyer pulled Gavin close, one arm protecting his back, the other stretched to give space between them and the man.

"Screw the royals! You're nothing but money extorting monsters! You only bring destruction to common people!" he shouted.

Zee did a body lock to subdue him. Someone from the crowd called the university guards so that a minute later, they helped handcuff him. Meyer's heart beat wildly as he saw a thin red gash on the prince's face. The man succeeded a bit after all.

Before the authorities and media can come, they escorted Gavin back to the car to escape the chaos. Zee had a worried look on his face, but not as much as Meyer who pressed a clean handkerchief on the prince's cheek.