Chapter Nine

Sarah's POV

There are a lot of things that people don't know about me. Lately, I've been super upset. I try my best to cover it but it's a lot harder than you think. People might think I'm normal, but it takes a long time to master covering up your pain. As much as I hate to say it but I've been keeping secrets from the ones I love most of my life. Hayes, Brooke and the guys.

You're probably wondering 'You're not keeping secrets from your parents?'
No. Because they are the source of my secrets. No one knows these secrets other than my parents. I'm just going to say it to get it over with.

My dad abuses me.

Those memories will stay with me forever; it's written in tattoo ink. No matter how hard I scrub, it'll always show and be there.
Again, you're wondering what my mom has to do with this. My dad abuses me and my mom. She has watched me get hurt a countless amount of times and she has done nothing to save me. Nothing! When she gets hurt, I do anything in my power to save her. Because she's my mom and I love and care for her. When I try to save her, my dad just changes from my mom to me and I end up getting hurt. I know the word hurt isn't a good word to describe this, but I prefer to use the word hurt. I have absolutely no reason why. I just hate seeing people hurt or getting hurt. So that's why I'd rather get hurt, I guess.

He started this nonsense when I was only six years old. He would always yell at me and tell me that no one would love me, I was an accident, I will die alone and that I was never wanted in the family. A six year old hearing that, was horrible. I always wanted someone who could save me from that pain.
When I turned eight, it was when my dad turned my abuse from verbal to physical. He has whipped and cut my arms, legs, back. Almost every part of my body at least once. I have no scars on my back. Surprisingly, because he hit there the most. He has cut me once or twice. That is all I'm going to say.

He tried to do something, but I pushed him away. Scariest day of my life. If you never caught on yet, he tried to rape me. I don't want to get in more detail on what types of abuse he did to me.

At the age of twelve, I started cutting. I just needed an escape from the madness. I needed to release the monster. Nothing scared and I'm thankful for that. Hayes would kill me if he saw those scars. Just last year, my dad disappeared. When I say disappeared, I really mean it. One morning, I woke up and he was no where to be seen. I'm so thankful the he's gone but, yesterday I got a text..