Chapter Four

"I will use every time I get very wisely." He winked, my stomach started filling with fluttering butterflies.

Stop it Sarah. You don't like him. Wait. Yes you do. You decided this when he tickled you to the ground.. And from what he done, you should. But, Do I?

"I'm glad you will." I said before I got to in depth with my thoughts.
"But, I'm going to make my first move." Hayes smiled at me, raising his eyebrows the slightest. What is his first move? A kiss? No. I think it's to soon for all that.
"Okay." I grinned nervously, the butterflies returning to my stomach.
"New Years Eve. You and I? Nash is having a party with the Magcon guys. There's going to be movies, drinks, some music. But in summary? It's going to be awesome, if you want to know, I'm going." Hayes chuckled at his own joke. I did as well. "I suggest that you go though." Hayes stated.
"Well, Sounds fun." I smiled and agreed to go.
"I'm glad you're coming. Since New Years is in around six to seven days let's make a plan. On New Years Eve, I'll walk over to your house to get you. I shall take you to my house and now the fun begins. Oh, and wear something semi formal." Hayes smiled. I nodded my head and smiled as well.

*New Years Eve*
8:16pm

Hayes just texted me saying that he is on his way to get me. I need to finish getting dressed then I'm ready for what tonight will bring. I rummaged through my closet, searching for the perfect dress. I know he said semi formal but I prefer to be more on the formal side. Delicately, I took the somewhat casual dress off the hanger and set it on my bed and then put it on. I took a look in the mirror.

The dress was turquoise and the front ended just before my knees, as the back went down just above my ankles. The dress was strapless and small amounts of silver sequins covered my bust. My long brown hair was in a side braid, which rested on my right shoulder and my makeup wasn't over doing it, by putting on to much. But, it was noticeable. I only did a small amount of mascara. I grabbed my black flats and headed to the door.

A gentle knock filled my ears. Quickly, I jumped up from the couch and ran to the door. Butterflies filled my stomach. Hayes was wearing plain black jeans and a nice yet casual shirt. When I opened the door, he grinned as his eyes scanned my body. I felt my face get warmer from me blushing.

"Wow. You look beautiful." Hayes smiled.
"Thanks, not to bad yourself." I smiled back.
"Thanks. But I said semi formal." He teased.
"I know, I just prefer to be a bit on the formal side," I paused, "Is it to much? I could go change into something less formal." I said, pointing upstairs and in the direction of my bedroom.
"No, you look amazing." Hayes said as he grabbed my hand as we walked to his house.

In a way, people who don't know us probably thinks that we're dating but we're not. We do have something happening between us, I can't deny that. I guess we're a weird 'couple'. But. We're not a couple. I wonder if Hayes wants to take our
relationship farther? I'd say so. We act as if we're dating, but we are just friends. Are we? Our relationship is just confusing. Maybe this is one of his moves he's using. If so, it's working.

"Hey Sarah! Did Hayes ask you out yet?" Nash yelled from across the back yard, noticing that we're holding hands. Hayes looked at me, just as I started blushing.
"No Nash." I smiled, playfully shaking my head. All of the other guys we sitting by a campfire, chuckling. Then they went back to their conversation.
"What happened to all the music, drinks and movies?" I asked.
"That's later. When it gets closer to midnight." Hayes slightly let go of my hand, allowing me to go first towards the fire allowing me to sit down by the fire.
All the other guys were in sweats and baggy t-shirts.
"Now what happened to everyone being semi formal?" I asked again, thinking if Hayes did this for a joke. If so, that was not cool. It took some thought to decide what I wanted to wear.
"Once again, later tonight. All the good things are coming later tonight." Hayes winked.
"I thought you purposely made me dress this nice." I teased, smiling.
"I don't have a problem with this." Hayes winked. Butterflies filled my stomach.