Chapter Three

*Christmas Day*

I woke up that morning feeling tired as ever. I hung out with Hayes until around 8:30 the night before and stayed up until 2:30am, texting him. The time right now is 7:30am. I remembered that today is Christmas. I'm not sleeping so I might as well get up. As I slowly stood up, the blanket that covered my body got caught around my legs as I tried to get them off. Carelessly, I kicked my legs around until the blankets let go of my legs.
'Da-Ding'
I leaned over to my phone to see who texted me. It was Hayes.

Hayes: Good morning, Sarah. Merry Christmas! :) I'm going to have my Christmas with my family this morning then, if it is alright with you, we could have our get together at 2?
Me: Morning Hayes. Merry Christmas to you too! I just woke up so I'm going to have my Christmas then at 2 we may get together. See you then!
Hayes: Awesome! See you soon. (P.S Two things. One? Don't forget the present ;) Two? I'll text you when present opening is finished on my end.
Me: One, I have your present. Two.. Okay. :)

Hayes then never texted back.
Opening presents in my family usually takes half an hour. In my family, it's only me and my mom. If we have family over, which is literally never, it might take a bit longer.

Me: Hey Hayes. I just finished, highly doubt that you are done. Text me when you're finished.

An hour later, he replied.

Hayes: Just finished as well. Do you want me to go to your house or the other way around?
Me: I might as well go to your house. Just leaving now. :)
Hayes: Okay. See you soon.

I ran into my room and grabbed Hayes's present, told my mom that I was going to do a small gift exchange with him.
"If Hayes has family from out of town, don't stay for too long. And be on your best behaviour too." My mom said sternly. I nodded in understanding and left.
As I was walking Hayes unexpectedly met me halfway, holding a small bag. I'm assuming it must be my present.
"Merry Christmas Hayes!" I smiled wide as I brought Hayes in my arms for a hug.
"Merry Christmas to you too. You seem quite happy today." Hayes smiled, unhooking our hug.
"Well, sorry for being in the holiday spirit." I teased.
"What did you get me?" Hayes asked.
"Seriously?" I stopped walking.
"What?" He stopped as well.
"You never told me what my present is, and now you want me to tell you? In your dreams." I playfully hit his arm then rolling my eyes.
"Okay okay. Sorry." Hayes threw his hands up in surrender then continuing to walk. I chuckled and followed him.

When we got back to his house, I said hello and Merry Christmas to his family and we went straight to his room.
"Okay, you go first." I smiled, handing Hayes his present. He took it from my hands, then starting to open it.
"Oh! My favourite cologne. How'd you know?" Hayes smiled examining it.
"Whenever I hug you, I can smell it. Plus the last time I was here I saw the bottle." I smiled.
"I love it." Hayes then leaned towards me, giving me a massive bear hug. "Okay, your turn." he paused. "After you open it, I'm going to have to explain it and put in some background information."
"Okay?" I said confused, but I grabbed the present from him and opened it.

It was a beautiful silver bracelet that had a heart pendent on it with two jewels on the right side of the heart. The two jewels, was our birthstones.
I covered my mouth, which was wide open.
"Hayes." I whispered. I had no clue what I could say, I simply had no words to say what I was feeling. I opened my mouth as if I was about to say something but nothing came out.
"Just wait." He carefully put his index finger on my mouth, telling me not to say anything. "Before you say anything else, let me start." He paused, as we both faced each other.
"We have been friends for quite some time. I know that you know that I've been being really nice to you, complimenting you and even flirting with you. I'm doing that for a reason. Ever since I saw you for the first time, I admit, I have a crush on you. I'm pretty sure you can already tell." Hayes chuckled, "I don't know if it was your smile, your personality or even your looks. But whatever it was it made me fall for you, pretty hard. Now, before you say anything I just want to say that-" he paused, as I continued to listen closely. "I just want to say that I have a massive crush on you. I like you, a lot. I have no clue if you feel the same but I hope you do. Whenever I try to be nice to you, you always deny it, hoping that I would just give up on trying to sweep you off your feet. If you never noticed, I never gave up and I never will. I just want you to give me one chance. One chance to let me get you to fall in love with me. Please, Sarah?" Hayes finished. I thought about what he just said. No one has ever said that to me before.
"Sure." I smiled. "You have one shot Grier, one shot." I teased. Hayes's face instantly lit up, as a faint grin spread across his face.
"I will use every time I get very wisely." He winked, my stomach started filling with fluttering butterflies.

Stop it Sarah. You don't like him. Wait. Yes you do. You decided this when he tickled you to the ground.. And from what he done, you should. But, Do I?