Chapter Nineteen

(Quick Author's Note at the end! I would like you all to read it.)

Sarah's POV

During the time I knew Hayes and liked him, I thought I would never be hurt again. Whenever I was near him, I felt no pain. But, I guess all beautiful things must come to an end. Right?

"You okay?" My mom walked in, not knowing what happened to me during the past few days.
"No." I shook my head, beginning to cry again. She came over to where I was sitting and sat close to me, rubbing my back.
"What's wrong?" After she asked, I told her that Hayes broke up with me and the small story behind it.

She then told me something that just might stick in my head.

"If Hayes still really loves you, he's going to come to you and tell you he wants you back." She murmured. I sat in silence, until my brain told me to speak.

"He broke up with me. I honestly don't even want to see him or talk to him for a while. I just need time alone. He's not going to want me back." I sadly admitted, wiping away a tear.
"He will, trust me." She patted my shoulder, standing up. "Also, if you want, I can go drop you off downtown and you can walk around to clear your mind, if you'd like." I nodded my head in agreement.
"I think I need that." I took a sigh, standing up.
"Great. I'll let you get ready or change if you need. Meet me in the car." Mom smiled, giving me a quick hug then leaving me to get ready.

I threw on a blue crop top that read 'Summer.' And white high waisted jean shorts. I then grabbed my phone and got in the car.
My mom silently drove me and dropped me off at the river front.

There stands a fairly big stage facing the river, then around two hundred feet, or even more, a rushing river flows. The stage is near the edge of town. I quietly go and sit there, beginning to watch the river gently flow past me.

The sound of nature sounds is just so relaxing. I would definitely love to own a cabin in the woods, near a river, creek, lake or even better. An ocean.

Out of the blue, Hayes came into my mind. I tried to get him out but it was impossible. Every memory I've made with him began to flood back to my mind. All the good memories came first. Gently, I smiled at the thoughts.

Hayes tickling me to the ground, giving me a beautiful bracelet. Taking me to the New Years party, kissing me during the transition from 2015-2016, me falling asleep in his arms watching 'Frozen.'. The pool party we had a few weeks later.

Hayes getting rid of all my pain.

Before I got a chance to prepare myself, all the recent and horrible memories began to replay themselves.
Hayes yelling at me for talking to Brooke. That strongest feeling of fear that I've ever experienced. Every single argument we have got into. Hayes telling me that we should break up. My heart being shattered and ripped to shreds.

Hayes creating all this pain.

Before I knew it, I was letting silent tears fall down my cheeks. I tried my best to prevent myself from crying. I then gave up, letting the tears fall, fast and freely. I buried my face in my hands, sobbing louder.

"Are you okay?" I heard a gentle male voice ask. I quickly wiped my tears, then turning my head to see who it was.
It was a guy, looking my age. Tall, dirty blonde hair that was in a lazy quiff, hazel eyes, and a very attractive body. He was also wearing blue jeans, black Vans and a white T-shirt. He slowly walked to me, we introduced ourselves and sat down beside me.
His name is Eric.

"So, are you okay?" He repeated. I took a long sigh, now making sure I don't cry.
"Not really." I admit, looking away, towards the river.
"What's wrong?" Eric asked, trying to get my eye contact.
"I'm sorry. As much as you probably want to know, I'm not comfortable with telling you. Lets just say it's kinda personal and that its a sad story." I started to bite the inside of my cheek, feeling the tears begin to form. I then turned to him.
"It's okay, I understand. You barely know me. I just heard you crying and I thought I would see if you were okay." Eric smiled, causing me to get butterflies.