Chapter Twenty

I texted Nash, telling him to pick me up.
Five minutes later, he arrived.
"Hey." Nash smiled, as I closed the car passenger door.
"Hey." I responded.
"How's everything with your friends?" Nash asked, as he started to drive.
"What? Oh. Right. Yeah, they're good." I completely forgot about that.
"You didn't meet with them, did you?"
"Not completely." I said, hoping he wouldn't get mad.
"Who'd you go to see?" Nash asked, completely calm and cool of what I did.
"Um. I was going to apologize to Sarah." Nash cut me off.
"Was?" I nodded my head. "What happened?"
"I saw her with some guy. They hugged. When I left, I went to Starbucks. I ran into this girl, Hayley. We talked and I got her-" I switched what I was going to say. I'm not going to tell him about how I got Haley to be my fake girlfriend.
"Got her what?" Nash questioned.
"I uh. Got her a new drink because I spilled hers, on accident." I covered it up. At least I wasn't lying.
"Mhmm. Sure." Nash nodded, knowing I covered something else up.
"It really did happen." I turned my body to him. He chuckled at me and we then drove in silence.

~

Sarah's POV

Eric and I are now really good friends. We've been friends for around five days. I know it's only five days, but it feels as if he has been there for me usually when no one has. We've been texting and hanging out quite often. I don't like Eric, I think. No, I don't. Wait. Yes. Do I?

Sadly, I've also been loosing contact with a lot of the other guys. At times, I have talked to Matt. But that conversation didn't last that long.
But, I have heard that Hayes has a new girlfriend. I think her name is Heather? No. Hannah? Nope. Hayley? That's it, Hayley. I bet he has already moved on and loving Hayley more than he loved me.

Even though Eric is a fantastic guy, I don't think it feels right with me being with him. Honestly? Hayes is on my mind, constantly. Eric and I never kissed or let things get too far but Hayes can't seem to leave my mind.
I haven't really been talking to Hayes, but he's always at the back of my mind.

After a full two hours of contemplating. I have finally convinced myself that I'm done with Hayes and I'm moving onto someone different.

Eric: Sarah? I need to ask you something.
Sarah: Yeah, anything.
Eric: Well. We've known each other for a while now. I've learned that I really really like you. Would you like to be my girlfriend? :)
Sarah: Yes. :)

~

( Authors Note: Sorry about the fast forward here, I just wanted things to move along quickly. 😋)

Eric and I have been dating for three weeks. We have seen each other everyday. I'll admit it, I have kissed him quite a few times and those famous three words has escaped our mouths.
Honestly? During the moment, I mean those words but after, I always remember that I would tell Hayes that too.
No, I'm not feeling bad because Hayes broke up with me.

It's his fault that he lost me.

Hayes: Hey Sarah. Umm. So I heard that you got yourself a boyfriend. I thinking we could have a double date. How about tonight?
Sarah: Sure. That would be awesome. It's been awhile since we've hung out. :)
Hayes: I know, I'm sorry.
Sarah: Don't worry about it. We get to see each other, it's fine. :)
Hayes: Wanna go to Starbucks?
Sarah: Anything works with me.
Hayes: Starbucks it is. Just letting you know, Hayley said she'll meet me at Starbucks. Is it okay if I walk you there? Since I don't have anyone to walk with.
Sarah: of course. :)
Hayes: okay. I'll see you around 3:00?
Sarah: You'll see me. :)