Chapter Fourteen

I'm now at my new house with my new family. I have a loving mom, named Madison and a busy father, named John.
They're both really nice and very loving. Last night we stayed up really late talking about mostly me and my past. They now know everything about me. They completely understand my past and don't judge me on it.
Our house is quite close to Hayes's. It's a bit longer of a walk, but it's close.

After school, I'm going to Brooke's house to apologize to her, or if she's at school I'll apologize there.
After Carter told me that I'm loosing a very important friend, I've been thinking of how I could fix this and what I could say to her when I see her later tonight or at school.

Sadly, I had to walk alone to school because Hayes was running late and he didn't want me to be late for class because of him. He apologized and said he promised that he would be at school so we were able to have lunch together.
When I arrived at the school and I was making my way to my locker, everyone who walked past me was giving me dirty looks. I wanted to get away from all that so I put my binder in the classroom and went outside for a small breather.

When I got outside and I was alone, just to make everything worse, a group of guys who are probably around a year or two older than me, came up to me in the back of the school when I just wanted to be alone.
"Hey young lady." One of them said, stroking my cheek. I slapped his hand away and gave him a dirty look.
"Get away from me."
"Show us something. Just like on the vine?" All the guys walked closer to me, until our skins were almost touching. Quickly, I back up. They must've saw the vine of with my 'bathing suit problem' that everyone was insulting me on.
"No. Nothing was shown. Now leave me alone." I sternly said, walking back to the school.
"No, no, no. Your not going just yet." One of the other guys grabbed my waist, turned me around then got his hand and stroked my arm.
"Yes. I am." I said super scared, escaping his grip and leaving. None of the guys tried to go after me, but they all would either ask me why I was leaving, they would whistle at me or they would say they are going to be waiting for me to come back.

Even though I went back inside, everyone was continuing to give me dirty looks and now they were telling me how much of an ugly slut I am. I can't stand it. I have no way of defending myself, so I have no choice but to listen to all of the insults.
I don't think Hayes even knows about what happen to me earlier and what people have been saying to me. Honestly, I hope it stays that way.

~

"Hey, Beautiful. Sorry about this morning." Hayes greeted me as he gave me a tight hug. Having him hug me made people snicker behind us, but I tried not to care. But I did. I was definitely in need of a hug from Hayes. When we unhooked, Hayes turned to the people who were snickering.
"Hey. Don't worry about it." I smiled, getting his attention to me and trying to ignore the laughter.
"What are they laughing at?" Hayes asked, gently holding my hand. He doesn't know all the bullying I've been getting at school and what happened this morning as well.
"Don't know." I shrugged it off, still hurting. "Let's go outside." I suggested, starting to walk as I still held his hand.
"Um. Okay." Hayes said, slightly confused.

"Sarah, something's wrong. I can definitely tell from your actions and the way your trying to avoid everyone. You need to tell me what's wrong." Hayes said, staring me straight in the eyes and holding both of my hands tightly. If I could I would have broken down, crying and explain the whole thing. But. I can't.
It's literally impossible. Something inside of me is telling me not to. I've been hurt too many times in my life that I know I'll get hurt again if I say too much.

I just don't want to get hurt, again.

"I can't." I whispered. After I said that, Hayes took a sigh.
"Well, if you ever need to talk to me. I will always be here for you, not matter what." Hayes slightly grinned kissing me on my forehead.

~

Slowly, I walked up the steps to the front of Brooke's house. I need to apologize to her. I feel horrible for being such a horrible friend.
Gently and hesitantly I knocked on the door. I waited for someone to answer, and I could hear footsteps coming my way.
"Well, Hello Sarah. Long time no see." Brooke's mom smiled at me.
"Yeah." I smiled back. "Is Brooke around? I need to talk to her." I said, slightly looking behind her. She looked behind her, then began to stutter.
"Oh. Brooke? Yeah. She's not here. She's at. I mean in her room sleeping."
I didn't believe that one bit.
"Um. Okay." I paused, confused. "I'm going to go." I furrowed my eyebrows at her as I slowly turned around and starting to walk away.
"Bye." She falsely smiled and waved goodbye to me.

That is not Brooke's mom. Something's up, but I don't know what.
________________________

Oh! 😳
Wonder what Brooke's thinking? Her POV is next! 😝
Thanks for all the reads, it means a lot. Please continue reading.

Stay Beautiful!❤️