Chapter Eighteen

Everything around me is slowly killing me, from inside to out. At school, my grades have collapsed to fails and the bullying hasn't stopped. Hayes and my parents found out about the cut and the story behind it. It couldn't be kept a secret, it was simply impossible.

My parents and I have been getting in more arguments with each other about the simplest and dumbest things. The thing that gets me the most? Hayes and I are now arguing with each other. A lot.

Two weeks ago, when Hayes first found out about Brooke and I's argument, he yelled at me. The loudest I have ever heard him. He told me how dumb I was, and how I should have stayed and not went and just listened to him. During that time, I was scared of him. We ended up apologizing and forgiving each other but still. That night I cried until I ran out of tears. Ever since I talked to Brooke, my life is and continuing to fall apart.

"Look, Sarah. We need to talk." Hayes said, breaking the awkward silence. I gently looked up to him, I stopped playing with my top bed sheet. As he began, I looked down at my bed and started playing with it again.
"We're both going through some hard times. Us going through all these bad things is wreaking our relationship." Hayes stated as I instantly stopped playing with the sheet. My heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach.

This better not be going where I think it is.

"Are you saying we should-" I stopped, not wanting to hear myself say those words. He nodded his head, looking down and closing his eyes. I did the same thing, covering my face with my hands and trying not to cry, which was very hard to do.

"Let's not considered it a break up, let's consider it as a break." He whispered, I could tell my the way he said it, he was trying hard not to cry. "It might be for the best." I looked up at Hayes, who was looking at me. I looked down.

Silent tears slid off of my face and onto the bed. My heart just shattered into a million pieces that would never be able to be put back together.
I just got hurt for now the millionth time. Again and again. It's a never ending cycle of me getting hurt.

"Go." I whispered, trying not to sound harsh but I did not make eye contact.
"What?" Hayes asked, confused at what I said. He gently tried to move closer to me. I slightly pushed him away.
"Go. I'm sorry, I need you to go. I just need to be alone." I said sternly, beginning to cry. I slowly started walking to my bedroom door and opening it for him. As he slowly got up, in tears, I whispered six words that crushed my heart even more.

"I'm sorry this happened to us."

Just to make it worse, Hayes replied to what I said.
"Me too, Sarah. Me too." He whispered, gently closing my door.

When Hayes left my house, I walked back to my bed and cried into my pillow, the hardest I have ever cried.
I don't even understand why he would do that to me. My life is already a massive mess with low grades and arguments with everyone I know. Hayes just had to make it worse.

Hayes's POV

Breaking up with Sarah, could have been the best or the worst thing I've ever done in my life. No in between.
At the time it seemed like a good idea. Did I mess up? Maybe. Could we still be really good friends if we don't get back together? Of course. Maybe we just need a break from each other.

"Back so soon?" Nash asked, when I walked in the house.
"Not in the mood." I walked up the stairs to my room.
I closed the door and slumped down on my bed, letting my brain go into deep thoughts about what I did.
A knock, then caused me to jump back into reality.
"What's wrong?" Nash asked, walking in and sitting down beside me.
"I either made the dumbest mistake or the best decision in my life. But I think I messed up." I admitted, not even sure what to think.
"What'd you do?" Nash asked. I then told him the whole story.

"Tell me what I did wrong." I said, knowing Nash will say something bad to me.
"You made a dumb mistake, that's what you did wrong! Sarah really really loved you, you know. Now, that could have completely changed because of you and your dumb ideas." I took a long sigh after Nash spoke. I thought about what I did.
Now, I realize I've make a dumb mistake.

"I realize that, but I don't think I can reverse it. She was really upset with me when I told her. I don't know what to do." I admitted, putting my face in my hands and beginning to silently cry. With me doing this, this is destroying me and it's probably destroying her too.

"Just give her a few days to herself and try to get over this, then go apologize to her." Nash suggested, I nodded my head in agreement.
"Okay. I guess, That's what I'm going to do." I said, lifting my head so I could see Nash's face. "Thanks Nash. It's nice that I have you here with me so we can talk about anything." I smiled. But it was a false smile.