Chapter Thirty Seven

Today is my last day. My plane leaves around five o'clock. It's eleven in the morning right now. The day I told Hayes was the day I told all of the other guys too. They are all coming with me to drop us off at the airport, except for Hayes and Nash. Hayes never even told me why but if Nash can't go, then he must have some sort of good reason. My family is planning on taking a taxi and the other guys are taking a car.
I woke up at around nine thirty, wishing time could just permanently stop so I don't have to leave. Sadly, that's impossible.
My phone rang, Hayes was calling, and I rolled over and answered it.
"Hey." I sighed.
"Hey. Me, you, my house, ASAP. Don't ask why, I'll explain everything later." Was all the said before he hung up.

What is Hayes up to?

Without any more questions, I got up out of bed and got in the shower.
When I finished my shower, I threw on a pair of barely ripped blue jeans on with my red plaid shirt and threw on my grey vans. (Like the picture above. Sorry if it's blurry.)
Shortly, when I completely finished getting ready, I texted Hayes and told him I was on my way.
When I arrived at his house he was sitting down on the front steps waiting for me. As he looked up and seeing me, he smiled and got up. I didn't smile, but I grinned.
I'm going to miss his smile so bad. I'm going to miss everything about him. He then hugged me as tight as he could, then his grip loosened.
"So, where are we going?"
"Just for a walk." Hayes took my hand as he began walking.
"Where to?" I asked, looking at him.
"I don't know. You ask a lot of questions." He looked over to me and laughed. I continued looking at the ground, laughing and walking to an unknown destination.

Silence filled my ears.

As I was thinking that this is going to be the last day to be with Hayes, I felt him grab my hand. I then grabbed his too.
"I'm going to really miss you." I stated, slightly quietly. He nodded and sighed.
"Yeah, me too." Hayes didn't bother to make eye contact with me when I looked up at him. I looked at the ground, having a feeling of worthlessness grow inside me.

After our walk, Hayes took me up to his room one last time. I sat down on his bed as he grabbed my hand, pulling me up again. We have done mostly nothing but walk and talk all afternoon. I have an hour till I need to leave. He guided me out for us to sit on his roof, one last time.
"Hayes, why do you do this to me?" I chuckled as I fanned my eyes. I felt the tears, but no one could see them. I sat down beside Hayes and we put our legs over the side. We were sitting exactly where our names are, the names we wrote a long time ago.
"Sorry." He murmured, looking at his feet.
"I can't believe that today is the last day I'll be here." I looked at my swinging feet as well. "I'm going to miss you." I said in a raspy voice because I was having the tears return.
"Me too Sarah. Me too." He said as he moved closer to me and held me by my waist as I rested my head on his shoulder wiping my tears with my freehand.

Thankfully, I didn't put on any makeup this morning for I didn't have to worry about my makeup running down my face.
After my final hour of being with Hayes on the roof talking, it was time.
"It's time." I murmured as I stared at my phone, my mom just text me telling me that I have to go home. "I don't want to go." I quickly pulled him in for a hug as cried, I think harder than before. I heard him sniffle and he rubbed my back.
"I don't want you to go either." He whispered, trying to pull himself together. After hugging for what seemed like only five seconds, even though it was a long time. I pulled away, wiping the tears.
"I need to go." I sighed, standing up and going back inside. Hayes followed me to the front door. We were now standing face to face outside his front door. "I love you." I whispered after I wrapped my arms around his body.

I held on as tight as he held on me.

"I love you too." He said, then separating us. "I'll see you soon?" Hayes asked, just as I was beginning to turn around.
"Yeah." I smiled, blowing him a kiss. He smiled and did the same.
"Love and miss you." I repeated, just as I was walking away.
"Love and miss you too." He stated as I then walked away, causing the space between us to grow.

My heart slowly seemed to break more.

When I arrived back at my house, I went past all the cardboard boxes. I went straight to my room. My parents were getting everyone ready to go.

My room? Completely empty. Everything was empty and packed away neatly in separate boxes. Every time I walk, I hear my heels softly tapping the ground. I took one last look around my room. I got teary eyed just thinking of all the memories I've had in this room as well as the house. I leaned against my wall then sliding down to the floor. I simply don't want to go.
My thoughts were disturbed by a gentle knock on the door.
"Ready?" My mom asked, already walking in. I shook my head no.
"I don't want to go." I paused."I grew up here. I've been here for as long as I can remember." I said, knowing that no matter how hard I try, I'm moving no matter what. Nothing can change it now.
"It'll get better, you can meet new people, make new friends. It'll be great." Mom sat down against my empty wall with me.
"It's not going to be the same." I whispered, trying not to cry.

I'm such a mess.
Too many tears.

My mom stood up.
"Come on. Let's go, everyone's waiting." My mom stated, already gone and out of the door. I struggled to get up.

I don't want to go, but I have to.
________________________

What's up guys!
I know it might be sudden but this book is coming to an end. Even though you don't want this to end, on the last chapter I have a surprise for you. 😏
Love you all, thanks for all the reads! Stay beautiful! 😄❤️