𝟭𝟯 ❤︎

chapter thirteen ;; homecoming

What? No! Me and Sakura have our ways, don't we?

The sound of rapid footsteps against the fallen leaves resonated through the rather large forest, heavy breathing coming from you. Everyone had gotten lost due to an ambush on the way back to Konoha, which resulted in everyone being separated.

Your running was a bit slow, being that you had to go from one small bag to two suitcases.

Your movements soon came to an abrupt stop when you bumped into someone.

"Ow..."

"Toshiro?" You questioned.

"Saya?"

"Y/n." You corrected.

"Y/n! I'm so happy it's you! I wouldn't be able to endure being with a brat like her anymore!" You could feel Toshiro's muscular arms wrap around you, hugging you tightly.

"Brat like who?" That voice, so malicious, asked behind Toshiro. It was none other than Saya, a vein from annoyance running up her neck as her lips twitched into a grin with her hand on her hip.

Without a second thought, he said Saya's name. Once he realized what he said, he hurriedly hugged you tighter.

"Get away from me, you fiendish she-devil!"

"You're lucky that you're hugging Y/n. If you weren't, I'd smack the shit out of you."

"Language." You said.

During the time you left the village, Saya had begun to get scary, as Toshiro would put it. She wanted to join in the harsh training Masagi was putting you three through. By harsh—... it was harsh. Certain things she could barely handle made her curse, and during missions she was quick to get annoyed. That led to her 'fiendish she-devil' personality.

"This map is so confusing, are we closer to the leaf or sand?"

"Well, if the map wasn't upside down, you'd see where we are." Toshiro let you go, but you'd only been attacked once more by someone else. It was none other than your teammate, Inochi. He was running from Haruka. It was pretty obvious by her angry aura from miles away.

You sighed heavily, calmly moving Inochi away from you.

"Whatever you did, do not get me involved. I'm sick of you two."

"Sorry, Y/n. I accidentally kicked her when I saw her. It's not my fault she looks scary when you first glance at her."

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway. Let me see that map." You took it from Saya as she peered over to look along with you.

"We're right here. That being said the leaf village should be... a kilometer away."

"Oh thank God! I thought I'd die if my legs had to walk, run or jump for another hour!" Toshiro put his hands together as if he was praying.

"You're so dramatic. Let's go ahead and go to the village without them. I don't even feel Haruka sensei's chakra anymore. And besides, I'm ready to see my best friend."

"You mean you want to see Neji? Remember when he told you—, mmh!" You covered Saya's mouth, the grasp you had on her lower face enough to tell her how serious you were about being quiet.