𝟯𝟲 ❤︎

chapter thirty six ;; rejuvenation

I mean—, you're just... not my typa guy.

Neji was a man of his word. Like he said, he took you to the most luxurious restaurant in the leaf village. The food was great, as well as the scenery of the restaurant. The walls had been painted a charcoal color, and the black marble floors were polished to perfection. Golden chandeliers hung from above, its light shining on your face to make all of your features glow beautifully.

The food was great, and it was nice to have some quality time together, even after arguing.

After dinner, he took you shopping. Sure, you two did a lot of running around, and Neji was doing a lot of heavy lifting, but he didn't mind. He got to see you smile, and that was all that ever really mattered to him.

You'd also looked so pretty, he almost went crazy without seeing that pretty face of yours for two whole days, especially since you were mad at him. Though, seeing and hearing you had completely rejuvenated him.

By now, you two were standing outside of your house. You were unlocking the door, but all of the yelling from the other side was distracting you.

"P-Put it out, do something!"

"My chakra nature isn't water!"

"Spit on it, I don't know!"

"You two are so—! Ugh! Why did I let you in my house?!"

You slowly opened the door, being greeted by Saya and her teammates freaking out over the fire on the stove. You sighed lowly, grabbing Neji's hand as you two walked inside.

"What're you doing?" You questioned.

"H-Hey, Y/n!" Saya greeted.

"...What are you doing?" You repeated.

"They did this! Not me!"

"Hey, don't put the blame on us!"

"It's your fault! You could've made something that didn't require adult supervision!"

You let go of Neji's hand, walking toward the stove to get rid of the fire with ease.

"Look, I don't wanna hear all the yelling. Me and Neji have... catching up to do, and I don't want our conversation to be interrupted by your noise." You walked away, going upstairs. "Come on, Neji."

They watched as he walked upstairs, Saya speaking up when neither of you were in sight.

"Basically she's telling us to shut up so she and her boyfriend can... y'know, without us ruining the mood."

"Oh, I see."

"Right..."

"You two are free to leave, actually. I'm a little tired, so..."

"Then, why don't we all just sleep in your room?"

"What—?! No! I don't let anyone but my sister and dad sleep in my bed. But, my dad hasn't been here for a while."

"Where is he?"

"With his girlfriend."

"Your dad is... abandoning you?"