Chapter 15

~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~

The last few weeks had been hard on you. You had been avoiding Kiba as much as possible. You’d hardly spent any time with him since he’d been back. Sakura had been at the training field with Tsunade the day after you’d seen Kiba and his girlfriend, and you’d asked for her to help you. You told her you needed some space from Kiba, but you hadn’t told her what happened. She had pestered you with questions until you allowed some tears and just repeated that you needed space. She had agreed to help you without any further questions. She’d made it so that if you weren’t training with Tsunade, then you were training with Naruto, Sai, Sasuke or herself. You’d also started training with a man name Kakashi, to be able to perfect and focus your ‘hell field’ jutsu.

Sakura had barely left your side the entire time, and she was a huge help in avoiding Kiba. You’d run into Hana a few times in the past week and she’d demanded to know what happened, argued with you, and demanded that you make up with him. A week ago you’d explained to her what happened. She’d seemed surprised to hear that he had a girlfriend and told you that she’d get to the bottom of this, even though you begged her not to do anything. She promised not to say anything to him unless it was necessary, but she was still going to snoop around. She had still asked you to make up with him, cause he was really confused and upset, and he was getting crankier by the day.

About a month after Kiba had come back, you were sitting with Sakura in her room at her place. You were both outta breath because you’d been on your way to your apartment and you’d seen Kiba waiting for you in front of your apartment. He’d seen you and had you chased you both until Sakura had managed to drag you into a building that sold perfume. She knew his sensitive nose couldn’t handle it and sure enough, he didn’t follow past the entrance. Sakura had led you out a back door and you’d both managed to make it to her place without running into him again. You sat on the ground and let out a deep breath, “That was close.” Sakura stood up from her bed and rounded on you, pointing a finger at you, “OK that does it y/n! If you want me to keep helping you, you need to tell me exactly what he did to make you want to avoid him like the plague! If you don’t spill then I’m out and you can deal with him on your own!” You sighed and decided she was right. She’d done so much to help you, without even knowing what had happened. “The night after my first training day, I’d gone to return Hana’s armour to her, and I saw him kissing his girlfriend in front of his place.” Sakura had a deadpan expression on her face, “You mean that I’ve been busting my hump because you saw him kissing someone? So what? It’s not like you’ve never seen people kissing before.” You looked down at your hands and your face turned red, and you felt your eyes tearing up again, but you held them back. Sakura saw this and finally clued in, “OH. MY. GOD! You like him?! Oh y/n! I’m so sorry! I totally understand!” She wrapped her arms around you and petted your hair, trying to soothe your pain. You wrapped your arms around her in return and let yourself cry into her shoulder. The two of you stayed like that for a while until you eventually fell asleep in her arms. She smiled sadly and put you into her bed, knowing that you’d barely slept for the past month. “Don’t you worry y/n, I’ll get this sorted out for you and I’ll make him regret ever hurting you.” With that she left her house, determination burning in her eyes.

Kiba POV

I felt like I was going insane. Y/n hadn’t spoken to me since my first night back. I barely ever saw her, and whenever I did see her she always had someone with her and she’d make an escape as fast as she could. The worst part was that every time I managed to get close enough to see her face and she saw me, she looked like she was on the verge of tears. No one seemed to know what had happened to make her start acting like this. Plus about a week ago my sister had even started to act strange, following me around and jumping out shouting ‘AH-HAH!’ every time I spoke to any girl. Today I finally managed to get her to tell me what the hell she was doing, and she told me that someone had told her that I had a girlfriend and she was determined to find out who it was.