Chapter 18

~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~

You slowly peeled your eyes open, only to hiss in pain and snap them shut again. Your head was killing you. You reached over to your desk, searching for the glass of water you’d put there when you’d gotten home. Once your hand wrapped around the cool glass you gulped it down. You forced yourself into a sitting position and a wave of nausea hit you making you groan. So this was a hangover? No wonder Tsunade had looked so bad the few times you’d seen her hung over. You forced your eyes open again and squinted at the clock by your bed. It was nearly noon. You were really thankful that Tsunade had given you the day off, not that you’d be a much use today if you had gone to work anyways. You got up and went to go shower, remembering that Tsunade had said that showers always made her feel better.

After you finished showering and getting dressed in some comfortable clothes you decided to go get some groceries for tonight. After all you didn’t have any ingredients for desserts. Plus you needed to get some more meat, knowing Kiba liked beef. You opened the door and noticed a scroll sitting and the bottom of your door. You frowned and picked it up. You quickly read it over and sighed. It was a summon from Tsunade to discuss the details of your upcoming mission. You put the scroll in your kunai pouch, locked your door and started heading towards the Hokage tower. Once there you knocked on Tsunade’s door and walked in. Tsunade took one look at your hung over face a burst out laughing. You narrowed your eyes, but a small smile played on your lips, “I appreciate your sympathy Lady Tsunade.” She wiped a tear from her eye and calmed her laughing down. She pulled out a large scroll and signalled for you to sit in the chair across from her, she also offered you a cup of coffee. You accepted the coffee and took a sip of the dark bitter liquid. You wrinkled your nose slightly at the taste, since you preferred tea, but you took a second sip anyways. Tsunade opened the scroll across the desk and began explaining a few things. Apparently your team had been decided and you all would be meeting tomorrow before the mission to go over any last-minute details. You smiled as you looked over the names. You would be going with Kiba’s team. Tsunade also handed you a piece of paper with a list of herbs that she recommended you get, along with some money for the herbs. After that she dismissed you and you left to get your shopping done.

After you got your groceries, you went to pick up the herbs from Ino’s family’s shop. Ino was working at the till and she looked even worse that you felt. She was barely holding her head off of the counter. You found your herbs and went to pay for them. As she raised her head you noticed a dark purple spot on the side of her neck, and a sly grin came onto your face. She tried to smile at you as she began packing your herbs for you. “Hey Ino~” you said in a sing-song voice. Her eyes narrowed at your smile and your tone of voice, “Hi y/n. Did you have fun last night?” Your grin widened, “I did, but not nearly as much fun as you did hmm?” you asked signalling at your own neck. Her eyes widened, a dark blush covered her face and she slapped her hand over her very obvious hickey, “Nooo! He said it wasn’t noticeable!” You shook your head and laughed lightly, “The only way it could be more noticeable would be if there was a flashing sign pointing at it. So~ was it Sai?” Her blush darkened even more and she nodded slightly. You handed her the money for the herbs, “’Bout time! I was starting to think you two were never going to actually admit your interest in each other.”  She gave a small smile, “Yeah…we’re going on a date later tonight.” You smiled brightly, congratulated her and wished her luck before leaving to continue on with your shopping.

You decided to get some more weapons, then you figured you’d pick up a book or two. While in the book store you saw some new scrolls for techniques stacked by the door. The store would sometimes sell scrolls on techniques, but they were usually extremely simple techniques that no one who graduated from the academy would need. You still gave them a look, just in case, and this batch of scrolls was all about a jutsu that could create a temporary shelter that would hide the chakra of anyone inside. It looked like a simple jutsu, especially compared to the other jutsu’s you knew for doing the same basic thing, but this one looked like it would use much less chakra. You decided to buy it along with some of the books that Kakashi always read. Since he was always reading them, you’d become curious about what they were about, and he never let you read his. Satisfied with your purchase you headed home.