Chapter 19

(A.N.  I’ve had it pointed out to me that after the war, the Akatsuki isn’t really a problem anymore, but in my story they are. And once again I remind that people that I want to be alive are alive! Thank you all and sorry for the mini rant. Cheers!)

The next day you, Hinata, Shino, Kiba and Akumaru sat in the meeting room, going over the plans and every detail of the mission. You would be leaving at 4 in the morning the next day, and you’d be heading to the last reported sighting place of people in black and red cloaks. The journey would take approximately one day. You’d begin trying to track them back to their base after that and simply observe. Tsunade made it clear that your mission was not to engage the enemy, only to watch and report back. If any of you had any suspicion that you’d been discovered, you were to return to the nearest safe point, which would have ANBU standing by to move in if necessary. Tsunade was hopeful that the mission wouldn’t last longer than two week, but could last well over a month if things didn’t go smoothly.

After all of the details were settled and you all had memorized everything you were dismissed. Hinata and Shino went their own ways to go get supplies. You had already packed everything you’d need last night after Kiba had left, you still blushed every time you remembered what had happened. You decided to accompany Kiba to get his own supplies sorted out, and also to chill with Hana a bit. After all you wouldn’t be seeing her for a couple weeks. You convinced Kiba to stop by your place for you to grab the armour Hana had lent you, since you hadn’t returned it yet and you had just bought some new armour a few days ago. After you had the armour, the two of you headed back to his place. You also picked up a couple of premade lunches on the way. You ate with Hana, while Kiba had gone to his room to pack, taking his lunch with him. After you finished eating Hana invited you to stay for dinner then went back to work looking after some animals in her care. You headed to find Kiba and help him pack. After poking around in a few rooms, you finally managed to find his room. It looked like a disaster zone and at first you didn’t see Kiba. He was sitting by a set of drawers, digging through it, clearly looking for something. “Need a hand?” you asked, coming up behind him. He jumped in surprise but shook his head, “No I’m just trying to find my pajama pants.” You went over and sat on his bed, “Wouldn’t you have some in your laundry hamper?” you asked pointing at the basket that was overflowing with clothes. He shook his head again, “No I don’t usually sleep in anything.” He froze for a second, “Pretend I didn’t say that.” You glanced around his room and feigned innocence, “Hmm? Did you say something?” Kiba laughed and threw his backpack at you, along with some shirts, “Make yourself useful and help cram some of this stuff in the bag.” You threw a pillow at him before doing as he said. You folded his shirts and then rolled them so that you could fit as much stuff as possible. This went on for a while before Kiba grabbed an armful of clothes that needed washing and he left the room to go wash them. You flopped back on his bed and closed your eyes, thinking about how much you wished this wasn’t such a dangerous mission that you all were going on.

You couldn’t shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

You heaved a sigh and tried to relax and calm your nerves.

Kiba POV:

I finished stuffing the load of clothes into the washing machine. I heaved a small sigh of relief. All day, even during the mission briefing, my mind had been on other things. Or rather, just on one thing. No matter how hard I tried to forget it, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about what had happened with y/n last night. I know it was an accident, and it was my own fault for fantasizing about maybe being able to share a tent with y/n, but the feeling of her foot sliding up my inner thigh… I got goose-bumps just thinking about it. I had just barely been able to keep myself from doing anything to her right then and there, but it’d been close. That’s why I took off as fast as I could after.

I started heading back to my room still thinking. Being around her all day today wasn’t making things any easier. I can’t believe I had told her that I usually sleep naked! How could I be so stupid! At least she had brushed it off and hadn’t allowed for it to be awkward. But having her in my room was definitely making it difficult to keep resisting her, I froze in my doorway. She was lying across my bed, her eyes closed, and her chest rising and falling slowly with her breathes. Resisting her just took a giant leap from being difficult, to being damn near impossible. Especially since her little guard was off visiting Nee-san while she worked. I swallowed and took a hesitant step forward. Her lips were parted slightly. They looked so soft, and they looked like they’d be sweet. I put my knee on the edge of the bed and moved closer. I placed my hands on both sides of her head, holding my body over hers. I couldn’t tear my eyes away from her lips. I leaned in to press my lips to hers, but I froze.

 Was this really how I wanted my first kiss with her to be? Stolen from her without her consent? I’d be no better than Sasuke if I did that. I clenched my hands into fists, fighting with myself. With one last look at her peaceful face I couldn’t hold back and I leaned in.

Your POV

You heard Kiba come back when he stopped at the door. You didn’t feel like opening your eyes just yet, and you figured he’d go back to packing, if he didn’t go and throw more things at you to make you move. You heard him slowly take steps towards you. He probably thinks I’m sleeping. I bet he’s gunna do something to wake me up like jumping on the bed you thought with an inward smile. You could just picture him doing something like flipping the mattress just to mess with you. You felt the edge of the mattress by your legs dip, and your heartrate picked up slightly. You kept your eyes shut because you were worried that if you opened your eyes right then, you’d turn a million shades of red. Plus you were also curious about exactly what he was doing. Your heart felt like it was going to beat out of your chest when you felt the mattress dip on either side of your head as he leaned over you. You could feel his warm breath on your face, letting you know just how close he was, and it took every bit of your self-control to not grab his head and force his lips onto yours. He held himself there for what seemed like an eternity before he let out a sigh and he shifted forward.

You felt his lips make contact with your forehead, then he leaned back slightly, “Y/n.” You opened your eyes slowly, feeling a bit confused and looked up into his face. You jumped slightly seeing that it was still only inches from yours. He pushed himself back and ruffled your hair while giving you a sad smile, “You shouldn’t fall asleep on a guy’s bed like that. You never know what could happen to you. You’re just lucky it was me and not a total pervert.” You blushed at his scolding and shifted slightly, “Uh, right…thanks for the warning Kiba.” You couldn’t quite make eye contact, since you had in fact been hoping that he’d have done something to you, even if it was just a kiss. “I just hope you learned your lesson” he said and he flopped down beside you before poking you in the ribs, making you jump. You looked at him wide-eyed and he poked you again. This time you squeaked as well as jumped. His smile grew into a wide grin, “I didn’t know you were ticklish.” You tried to deny it, but his next poke cut off your lie. Before you knew it he had you pinned and was tickling your ribs with a gusto. You laughed so hard that you couldn’t breathe, “No! S-Stop! I can-can’t breathe” you tried to gasp between fits of laughter. “Have you learned your lesson?” Kiba demanded while continuing to tickle you. “Yes! I’m S-Sorry!!” With that he stopped tickling and let you get up and catch your breath. He laid back down and reached out, pulling you into a gentle embrace. “Kiba?” “Shhh, I just wanna catch a quick nap, considering this will probably be the last chance to get a peaceful sleep for at least two weeks. Besides it’s not like we have anything to do until laundry is done. And don’t worry, I won’t do anything to you, so you can nap too.”

You stopped trying to pull away, but you couldn’t really relax, considering how close you were to Kiba. Within a minute or two Kiba’s breathing deepened and you could tell he’d fallen asleep. He was such a confusing guy, telling you that it’s dangerous to fall asleep on a guy’s bed one minute, then telling you to have a nap with him the next. You didn’t intend to actually fall asleep, but soon enough Kiba’s warmth and his even breathing lulled you into a deep sleep.