~four~

I was going to post this tomorrow morning but then I thought, what the hell, might as well. This one is for the first person who read and commented on my book. It gave me hope, you guys. Enjoy!

Marcus on the side.

"I'm going out Ma."

"Now? But he'll be over any minute."

"He's not coming over today."

"What do you mean he's not coming? It's movie night! He never misses movie night."

Shrug.

"Well if you're sure. Bye sweetie."

"Bye Mom."

*****

She didn't know why she hated the swings. They made her nauseous. They made her head ache, So she opted for the slide instead.

It felt like her throne.

She didn't know how long she would sit there.

She didn't want to go home.

"What are you doing up there?"

She looked down.

"I'm sitting on the top of the slide, what does it look like I'm doing?"

"Well, aren't you going to slide down?"

"Nope. Being up is so much better than going down-what are you doing?"

"Climbing up."

"Why?"

"Being up with somebody is so much better than being up alone."

She blinked, but moved aside.

"Who are you?"

"Marcus Matson. We're in the same Chemistry class. Though you wouldn't know that, since you're always asleep." He joked.

She shook her head, "No, I know you. You're the drama guy."

"Yes, if by 'the drama guy' you mean drama club president."

"I've always thought about joining the drama club."

He looked surprised, "It's not too late."

She laughed, "Okay."

"Really. Come to school at six thirty tomorrow morning and we'll see what we can do."

"I'm a cheerleader."

He shrugged, "I think you'll look better in vintage than in short skirts."

She thought so too.