~twenty~

"Bye mom," Skye called as she paced towards the front door.

"Bye sweetheart," Her mother called back to her, "Have fun at school."

She got into her car and drove to Ruby's diner.

Her head was killing her. She was in desperate need for a coffee.

She made her way to the counter.

"Hey Ruby," She greeted the old lady behind the counter. Ruby was like the town's residential grandmother. She was one of the sweetest souls alive, and took care of everybody like a protective mother bear.

She smiled at the girl, "Hello darling. The usual?"

Skye nodded, "Make it an extra shot of espresso."

Ruby raised her eyebrows, "Is everything alright, dear?"

She tried to smile, "Yup."

She seemed to believe her. "Alright, your coffee's coming up."

"Thanks."

A few minutes later Ruby handed her a cup. "Here you go. That's 1.50, please."

Skye handed her two dollars, "Keep the change, see you." She said before walking to the door.

"Wait, Skye!"

She turned.

Ruby looked sheepish. "I was wondering if you would do me a favor. My hands are quite tied up. Could you perhaps get me some brown sugar from the storage?"

She smiled at the old woman, "Of course! You don't have to ask Ruby. I'll be back in a jiffy."

"Thank you, dear." Ruby smiled at her before turning back towards a customer.

Skye had often helped out so she knew where the storage room was. She even knew exactly where the brown sugar was.

She pulled the door open, humming a little tune.

That's when she was pulled in and the door slammed shut behind her. A hand went over her mouth to muffle her scream.

When she looked up she found herself looking at familiar grey eyes.

"Bash?"