Aria Alvarez

As I sit in front of my vanity, the soft glow of the bulbs framing the mirror, I feel something tickling my stomache.

As I finish my makeup, a smoky eye and a hint of brown gloss over the even browner liner on my lips, I glance at the reflection in the mirror. A black coat, its fabric sleek hung over me. The tailored pants, also in black, hug my figure in all the right places, blending sophistication with a hint of allure.

Matched with the fitted black shirt, its fabric smooth against my skin. Paired with the black leather jacket that hangs on the back of my chair.

As I slip into the black boots, the thin heel speaks of confidence and a hint of daring. The boots, a perfect match for the tailored pants, complete the look. I quickly readjusted my hair, moving some of the strands in front of my shoulders, before I ran out the door.

Stepping outside, the sun is out, but it's not too bright, giving the surroundings a mellow vibe. A nice breeze plays with my hair and the loose ends of my black coat. The weather feels just right, not too harsh, as I make my way to the end of the block, where a familiar black car awaited me.

Approaching the car, my heart quickened its pace. The streetlights bathed the sleek, black vehicle in a soft glow, revealing the outline of Alonzo casually leaning against the side door. Our eyes locked, and his eyes dropped to every aspect of mine, exploring everything, but finally ending back locked with my eyes, sending a thrill through me.

As I drew closer, I couldn't help but feel a rush of warmth spreading across my cheeks. His mischievous sparkle made my stomach flutter, and I found myself nervously playing with the edge of my coat.

Standing in front of him, the tension between us was palpable. His contagious smile made my heart skip a beat.

"Happy to see my text didn't get ignored," he smirked.

I bit my lower lip, attempting to hide my growing blush, but he seemed to find my reaction amusing.

"Are we gonna get going?" I asked.

He straightened up from the car door, closing the distance between us. "Just one more second," he replied, his gaze softening. The nerves fluttered within, dancing in melancholy with his gaze that travelled deep in my eyes. He guided his hands to the door handle, wrapping it around it and opening the door for me, all whilst his eyes never left mine.

I slid into the passenger seat, quickly followed by him sitting next to me.

As we hit the road, Alonzo carried a casual vibe with his outfit, not too far off of mine. His choice of a well-fitted black T-shirt, topped with a leather jacket, and straight black cotton pants complemented the easygoing atmosphere of the drive. A pair of classic sneakers completed the look, as we ventured into the still unknown destination.

Finally deciding to break the silence I asked "Where are we going?"

He shot me a quick look before returning his eyes back on the road "Easy love, you're gonna love it." a grin covers his face. "Still-"

"Uh-huh, open the glove box." so I did. Numerous snacks and flower petals fell out of it, making me laugh out loud until enough tears were shed to be able to remove my makeup. "You bought all these?" I say midst all my cries. "What's so funny about it?" he looked slightly offended. "I thought it'd be good for the story." he admits, making my thoughts go slower. "I don't really care about the story." no reply came back from his side, making me look over. Alonzo's lips curled into a sly smirk, something that hinted at his amusement for something unknown.