Alonzo Auclair

I never thought I would be standing at the edge of a bridge, with the moon illuminating the dark waters below. But here I am, with my girlfriend's father, who happens to a criminal lawyer. And he's offering me money.

It all started when Aria called me, asking me to come over to her house at night. I was hesitant at first, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to see her.

I quickly got dressed and drove to her house.

She didn't leave any instructions, so I just assumed I had to knock on the door. And so I did. My eyes halted for a second.

The door opened revealing a tall man in a robe. He eyed me up and down, as he fixed the glasses dangling on his nose bridge. "Oh young man, such a bad first expressoin." he frowned. I stood my ground not letting a reaction out of me. I didn't know what kind of man he was, I wouldn't want my comments to risk anything between me and Aria. "Let's have a talk." he said, gesturing for me to follow him. 

I followed him to what I suppose was his car, and we both got in. I could feel his piercing eyes on me as we drove to somwhere. Police station? The ride was silent. He glanced over occasionally at the window next to me.

He finally stopped the car in the middle of a bridge. And stepped out the car, assuming that I should to. This man did not play around, Aria did not need a DNA test to prove their relationship.

 I could see the lake below the bridge, and the moon was shining brightly on its surface. I looked over to see the view laid in front of me. I could hear him open his car boot and shut it again. I looked back and saw him staring at me with a suitcase in his hand that wasn't there before.

"I'm sure this little can change your life forever, young man."

I was taken aback. I never expected this. He moved the two silver clicks that revealed a shining pack of 100 pound bills. In no way do I want to insult her, but such an imbecile father that made such a beautiful girl.

"Do you just carry that case around in your car? Rather dangerous, nah?" He stepped forward, his face not budging one bit. God, he might as well pull out a gun right now.

"Stay away from my daughter." he said as he placed the case forcefully in my hand.

100 pound notes surely look beautiful. I took a few steps back from his car, as I could see the corner of his lips lift up. I glanced once more at him whilst I threw the open case behind me. The bills flew into the lake, the passers admiring the money parade.

"I surely hoped Aria got her smart genes from you. But apperantly not, got it. Crossed off, now I need to meet mama Alvarez." I smirked seeing a frown form on his face. "I am quite dissapointed, Mr. Auclair."

"Likewise, I rather would have thrown fish food in there."

He shook his head, moving back towards his car. He slid in his seat, not once glancing at me he said "I do not want to open the front door to you again."

And then he simply drove away.