Aria Alvarez

"Aria, wake up!" I opened my eyes, yet I couldn't see anything clearly, it was way too blurry. "I'm awake, mom." as I sat up she opened the curtains making my vision somewhat more clear. My vision fell to the glass of water she had in her hand "Were you going to throw that in my face?".

"Well luckily you woke up." she opened my closet sliding one hanger after another one. "I have court in an hour, and your father had an all night at the hospital. I left some pancakes batter on the kitchen counter. You have all day to study, since no one will disturb you at home. I better not see any less than 95% on that history paper Monday." as she said those last words she left my room.

I ran my fingers through my hair before throwing my tissue box at the door. She knows very well I won't fail that history test, still she forced me to study all day. And if I don't, she might disown me as a child.

My parents highly value their reputation, and if I go to any lawfirm lower than the best in the city they have made it very clear that I would have disappointed them as a daughter.

I have messed up quite many times in the past, and my parents paid darn much money to get those mistakes buried. And each night they came home after hiding yet another human mistake of mine, they would ignore me the whole night.

This is one of the reasons why I hoped me dating- fake dating Alonzo would not reach their ears. If it did, they would most definitely do a background check on him, and they would not only find out that he deals but there's a risk of the finding out that I dealt. And in no way can I have that.

It was already bad that he came to pick me up, but I can't have that again.

Getting up from bed, I picked up the white V-neck sweater and black suit pants that my mum had laid on the bed and headed over to the shower.

-

I stayed in the shower for quite a long time, in hope that my mum would've already left when I went downstairs. I skipped down the stairs and said 'hello' one time really loud. When I got no reply, I happily walked to the kitchen stove. There was already one pancake set on my plate, which probably my mum had prepared before she had to rush out to court. I poured the rest of the batter on the pan, and walked over to the fridge. I opened the fridge gate and grabbed the Apple juice jar, and poured it almost full into a glass. Placing it back in the fridge I headed over to the stove to check on the pancake. From the looks of it, it was ready to be flipped over.

I quickly dashed back upstairs to grab my laptop and history books. I barely tripped walking back downstairs. Placing my stuff on the table I went back to the kitchen and grabbed a spatula and placed the pancake on top of the pancake my mum had made. I took my food and went back to the dinner table, where I had enough space to lay out all my papers.

I rolled the pancake up and took a bite out of it before opening my laptop. Before I could even start typing into my laptop my phone lit up showing a familiar name on the screen. I picked my phone up and swiped up.

Alonzo: I got deal for you.

I can't.

This was a fair contract but Alonzo has been helping me out way more than I've helped him until now. After all what I'm asking him to do isn't entirely illegal. Either way I would've helped him in a second if it wasn't for me trapped at home.

I stared right at my phone to wait for his reply automatically assuming he would give me one. But nothing came. I switched my phone off, and turned my focus back to my books.

-

I memorised almost all of my flashcards. Only this one date that wouldn't sit right in my mind. Before I flipped the page of the book, my doorbell rang, causing a loud echo in the empty house. 

I slid my feet back into my slides and rushed over the door. I opened the door expecting my mum to be fully exhausted, but instead it was "Anger issues."

"Why the fuck did you not pick up my phone?" He stepped forward where I immediately put a stop to putting my hands on his chest. "My parents are soon gonna be home."

He looked down at my hands and stepped back making me drop them. "You didn't answer Aria. And your reply was so short." 

"I was studying."
"Care to tell me that in your two word reply?" He said. I rolled my eyes, completely drowning in silence.

"I'm sorry. Aria, if you can't handle dealing, you can tell me." I shook my head. He probably thought I was backing up, but in reality I could not leave the house. "It's not that Alonzo really. This test is a big deal for me. And I can't be distracted, so I switched off my phone." He suddenly had a slight grin plastered on his face. "Do I distract you?"

At the unexpected ask I fell silent. After a few seconds I finally managed to reply "Don't get ahead of yourself Alonzo."

"How's studying going?" He asked. I let out a huge sigh as I spoke "It's alright, I'm just having trouble remembering this one date." As expected he immediately asked what the date was. "20th of February."

Again his smirk grew bigger as my confusion before he finally let out "It's my birthday." he dropped a quick wink before he closed the main gate himself smiling from ear to ear. I looked next to the door at the footage of the doorbell camera outside, and saw him walking away in further distance until I couldn't see him anymore.

"Fucking hell Alonzo Auclair."