Alonzo Auclair

"Alonzo!" I turned around to the sound of my name being called out. As expected it was Mykell. "Did you get the requested money?" Mykell was so predictable. I didn't exactly have the money but I believed I had something better. "I got his keys. His house keys."

His facial expression showed that he wasn't very pleased, cause he didn't know the huge potential we had.

"What the fuck am I supposed to do with his house keys Alonzo?"

"Break in.", I've heard a lot about ghost, and one thing about him, he made bank. And he's partly stupid so I'm guessing he would've left all his belongings in his house. Unprotected. I just had to make sure he was still alive.

-

"Who's this?"

"It's me." the accent should've been a dead giveaway, but she still managed to repeat the question.

"Who's me?"

"Alonzo. I need your help."

-

I could feel everyone's eyes exploring her. I should've never brought her inside. But it was obligated.

"You want us to break in?" she sounded unsure. I didn't expect her to accept our proposal without putting up an argument.

I didn't want her to accept our proposal.

"I'll do it." Stupid woman.

"Aria, we don't have to rush things. Think thoroughly about this. You're putting your life in-"

"Alonzo, I think that's enough. If this fine lady wants to accept why refuse." Dave doesn't care about anyone, hell, he didn't even care about his own son. I despise him. But he's my only option, otherwise, I'll go back to being that kid. He provided me with all this luxury when I was a kid knowing damn well he'll have me pay back when I grew up. And that's what I'm doing right now.

Putting her life at risk. Just to pay him back for pitying me.

"Mykell run her through the plan. Alonzo follow me."

As I entered his private territory, he slammed the door behind me. I was facing forward not knowing what he was doing behind my back. All because he trained me like this for the past 4 years.

A tight grip held onto my shoulder. Slightly twisting it. I act as if I didn't feel a thing. I can't show myself as weak.

I wasn't weak, I was just a kid.

-
His reasons are always the same. One slap, because I was a mistake. Two kicks, because he's stuck with me. Three punches, because in his eyes I'm a disgrace, and lastly, the final knockout hit because I'm the reason why his life was destroyed.
-

"Remember son. This is business, sacrifices are made to keep business going. I need to know I can trust you to let that girl go if it's needed." I nod.

"I need to hear you say it."

"That girl doesn't mean anything to me, Dave."

He patted my back, not once but twice. He kept repeating he could trust me and that I wouldn't disappoint him. I hope I don't have to make a choice.

This might be the most dangerous burglary we've done. But only one car was sent. Mykell, me, and Aria.

The car was filled with air and not one person dared to utter a word. The room was intense. The one sound repeating itself. Arias's heels tipped the surface multiple times, recreating a clock tick.

I was doubting whether I shall help her or listen to Dave's command. After all, she's our main plan.

I rested my hand on her thigh, not looking her way. I don't want her to get the wrong idea. I just can't lose the money, "Don't panic, I'm always watching over you."

Even though I didn't look in her direction once. The room lit up with a bizarre warmth. I removed my hand and stared outside the window following every trail.

"We're here," Mykell spoke, half his voice fading off into the darkness, probably because of fear.

"Aria you ready?" she didn't listen, didn't even flinch. She was terrified.

"Mykell, I'm going with her."

"Alonzo! That's not the fucking plan!" I didn't care, not the least bit. I wrapped my arm around her back and guided her inside, through the front door.

"Welcome home sir." this rich bastard put ininstalled an AI assistant. Before I could figure out how to shut it down, Aria smashed a flower pot against it. Completely shutting it off. A corner of my mouth lifted, a minute ago she was absolutely horrified to enter an empty house.

"I'm going to search for the safe. Will you be fine alone?" She nodded, it wasn't enough reassurance. But I couldn't return empty-handed, not again. As Aria continued searching downstairs I searched the second floor.

Following the large halls covered with a red carpet, I ended up at two massive gates. Which I assume is his bedroom.

Only one key was decorated with a keychain, the one I used to open the door.

Money was lying all across his room. One would've thought he wiped his shit with it. I grabbed the closest object to a bag. Which was a bedsheet. Every valuable thing I could find I stuffed it in there.

I also came across a picture frame. One with his wife.

Fucking bastard.

Remembering the sight of him with Aria made my intrusive thoughts more convincing than ever. I took the photo frame and smashed it out the window. A smash was heard outside.

It surely wasn't the picture frame. This was something much bigger.

Fuck, Aria.

As I hastened toward the door, crunching hit my ears, crashing through the rampant thudding in my heart. Unease slithered down my spine. I was furious. I threw the sheet full of money on the floor right before I ran out the door, where I saw Mykell staring at his phone and laughing. He didn't even have a clue that someone was inside or came in and took Aria and that made me even more furious.

"I'm going to fucking torture you till you wish you were never born, and you'll never see daylight again in your fucking blinding eyes", he looked at me with confused looks.

"What's happened to you? Come, did you find the money?" Mykell asked, unlocking the car gate. "I'll tell you what fucking happened, someone came in here and took Aria. Now you speak and tell me how he got in or I'll put a fucking bullet in between your fucking eyes."

"Alonzo, don't get me wrong. But she was brought as a sacrifice. You could build your whole life with that money.", my hand swung out and connect to his face. I stood above him, while my hand was still curled in a fist. And him panting on the floor.