Aria Alvarez

I sat that whole weekend thinking about how I would have no answer if someone asked me a question about my so-called boyfriend. That's why I sent him that text. Asking if he could meet me. And he sent the location a few minutes ago. Right now I'm rushing over to the place. I opened the doors to the rooftop and immediately spotted him. I walked over to him, meanwhile he didn't send me one look. As I figured I should say something and began to speak he immediately blew me off.

"Shh, listen to this." He pulled me down, next to him on the bench. He handed me the other piece of his AirPods and gestured to me to put it on. And so I did.

I'm surprised. I assumed a lot of things Alonzo. And not a singular time did it cross my mind that Alonzo would be the one to listen to RnB. I wanted to ask him about it the moment it echoed in my ear, but he looked like the last thing he wanted was to someone interrupting him. After a minute or two when the melody came to fade I took his AirPod out and handed it back to him.

"I didn't know you were into RnB." I spoke. "What else is there to life?" I chuckled at what ended up with him joining me. "Don't tell me you don't have a good music taste Aria Alvarez? That would bring your perfect status to a zero." He joked. "Don't you doubt my immaculate taste." he shook his head and continued speaking "Why did you wanna talk to me?" He took out his AirPod as well and put both back in the case. "Well you know I went out last Tuesday with Melissa. She told me some things which I didn't really have an answer to." I sputtered letting those words out as fast as I could. "So?" he asked.

"I don't know you. And I need to."
"Not want huh." he smirked. "Anyways what did Melissa tell you?" I kept quiet for a few seconds. I was reasoning whether I should tell him exactly what Melissa told me. After all he does have anger issues.

"She told me you're adopted. And I was quite taken aback and she assumed that you didn't tell me, and then told me to do my research about the guys I'm dating." He shrugged and answered "It's only Melissa, surely you can handle her." 

"No Alonzo. It's not only Melissa. I mean I think you know we have our differences which make it hard to believe that we're dating. Now it's Melissa, soon it'll be Jaydon. And I hope it doesn't go as far for my parents."

His upper body was now fully turned towards me and he asked "Ask me Aria. What do you want to know?"

"Erh, what's your favourite colour?" I couldn't think of something on the spot when all I had on my mind earlier was all the questions I'm gonna ask him.  He let out a light chuckle as he answered "Black."

"Black is not a colour." I corrected him. "Whatever feeds your system."

"What's your happiest memory." These questions are getting me no where. "It's saved on your phone." I raised my brow in confusion, as he opened his phone and was searching for something. When he looked like he finally found it he turned his phone towards me.

It was a photo of the dinner. The photo I posted on my instagram, the one we took at the kebab place. I assumed this was just one of his sarcastic answers and continued with asking him multiple random questions, which probably are not gonna come up in anyone's mind except mine. After the couple questions he answered merrily I finally built up the courage to ask him "How's your bond with your parents?"

Now that I have his joyful look dropped immediately. For a moment I thought he'd start having a tantrum. Even if he did he has no right to be angry at me. I can't dive into his mind and know every single thing that triggers him. So what I wore red, doesn't he have red body fluid which he lives off? He surely doesn't expect me to know things he didn't tell me about, while he's throwing my relationship problems in the air every single conversation. 

"If someone asks you about my parents you tell them to fuck off.'

I can't let this reach my parents.