Aria Alvarez

I nervously fidgeted with my hair as I waited for Alonzo to pick me up for our date. I had seen him for a week, we texted regularly but seeing him is so different.

I was furious at my father. I knew he had a certain picture painted for me, but a restration order? Please.

I heard a knock on my door and let out a deep breath before opening it. Alonzo stood there with a cheeky smile on his face and a fabric in his hand.

"Are you okay?" I said my hands immediately reaching for his face. He placed his hands over mine "I've been alright, just missed you. A lot..." a smile automatically spread across my face. My cheeks heating up slightly.

"Close your eyes, Aria," he said softly.

The command took me off guard but I did as I was told, wondering what surprise he had in store for me. My dad left the country yesterday, I immediately told him, and clearly he took action. He has no idea how I crave for him.

I heard him approach and felt him gently place the blindfold over my eyes, tying it securely behind my head. I couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement and curiosity course through me.

I felt his hand on my arm as he guided me towards his car. I could hear the sound of the engine starting and I knew we were on our way. The anticipation was killing me.

After what felt like an eternity, the car came to a stop. Alonzo helped me out and led me towards our destination.

His hands touched my hair once again, removing the blindfold. My eyes still remained closed. "You can open your eyes, love." so I did.

We were at the rooftop with a stunning view of the city. It was the same place where we first met a year ago.

I could smell the aroma of candles being lit and the red roses, creating a romantic ambiance. I turned to Alonzo, and he looked at me with so much love in his eyes. Without saying a word, he took my hand and led me to the center of the rooftop. I could feel his warm breath on my ear as he whispered, "I know this might seem quick, but we have not been given enough time, love. I would hate for such a reckless thing to be able to rip us apart. And only a made-up title keeping us attached. I want to be yours, Aria. Today and every fucking day after. I would tell you to take your time, but I don't want your fathers senses to find us out here. Will you stay with me?" Alonzo said, getting down on one knee and pulling out a small box.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I realized what was happening. In no way was this quick. It was just perfect. Owning his last name on my diploma. "For fucks sake, yes Alonzo." I exclaimed, my heart overflowing with love and joy. "I promise I'll love you till my last breath."

He slipped the ring on my finger, and we embraced each other, surrounded by the beautiful city lights and the stars above us. I've always loved the view from above. The city lights twinkling in the distance, the cool breeze rustling through my hair, and the feeling of being on top of the world. But tonight, the view wasn't what captured my attention. It was the person standing next to me - Alonzo.

Before I could even answer to his promise, his lips were on mine.

It was soft and gentle, but full of passion and longing. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, not wanting this moment to ever end.

We broke apart, both breathless, and gazed into each other's eyes.

"Let's do this again," Alonzo whispered, his hand caressing my cheek.

And just like that, we were making out on the roof, under the stars.