Alonzo Auclair

"Alonzo how much you got left?" just to make sure I quickly scanned through the packets. "10 gram white."

A hand landed on my shoulder shaking it slightly "You're the best I have Alonzo. Continue like this." with a swift movement he was gone. And the room went silent. Plenty of men here are intimidated by me, when to some I haven't even looked their way. Ever. I don't try to free my name. Playing with humans is just so much easier when they're thrilling in fear.
-

Well, since I have the time I might as well do my
homework, I thought in my head.

I had gotten only a sentence written down when the front door slammed open, followed by loud stomps leading to the kitchen.

Dropping my pencil, I ran to the stove to check on the spaghetti that wasn't even close to done cooking. My heart thumped so loudly in my chest I was sure Robert could hear it from the other room.

He stomped into the kitchen, tossing his keys carelessly onto the counter. He was silent as he stared at me, as if studying my body language which clearly showed absolute terror before he came to the conclusion that I hadn't finished making supper.

"It's almost ready, I promise!" I cried out fearfully as he took a threatening step forward.

"All you had to do was have a single plate of food ready for me by the time I got home" he said calmly, but by the look in his eyes I could tell he was enraged. "All you had to do! You failed at that simple task!" he roared. letting his anger loose as he took another step closer to me.

"You're very early, I didn't know you were going to be early" I whispered. He grabbed a chunk of hair from the back of my head and yanked me forward, shoving me onto the floor, "All l expected when I came home was a plate of food! I work all day to put a roof over your head, to buy the groceries you eat, and in return I get an ungrateful brat!"

"I'm sorry," I whispered, rubbing the back of my head. "Get up," his voice boomed. I lifted myself off the floor, bracing myself for some sort of attack. Suddenly, he pushed me back by my shoulders, and somehow I managed to keep myself from falling. Right as I regained my balance, he launched a fist at my face, hitting his target. The impact knocked me to the ground. Robert crouched down next to me before angrily mumbling "Supper better be ready in ten minutes, or else next time your punishment will be way worse.' Then he stormed up the stairs, slamming his bedroom door behind him. And I just sat there, crumpled in a ball of tears and sorrow.

-

The man I once called my father was gone, for good. I still remember happier times. They were distant memories, but nonetheless still there. Back when mother was still alive, before my dreadful seventh birthday. Merely weeks after mom had died, he changed. His loving and joyful personality died along with her.

-

"Mykell why the fuck are you taking the piss?" I scoffed pushing back his bag loaded with hundred-dollar bills.

"Alonzo, please. If you deliver this we can make thrice as much as we make here." If he wasn't years younger than me I would have launched my fist across his face. "I'm not betraying Dave."

"Alonzo...no one will even know it's you. Think about what your mum-" My hands reached down and grabbed him by his collar. I feel like I'm outside myself. "Fucking hell Mykell." I violently let go of his shirt with a quick jerk. "Alonzo please..."