Aria Alvarez

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the sun shining through the curtains. As I slowly opened my eyes, I realized I was in Alonzo's room. It all came back to me.

But as I looked at the clock, my smile quickly faded. We were going to be late for university. I nudged Alonzo, who was still asleep, and told him we needed to get ready quickly. But he just chuckled and pulled me closer to him.

"Relax, love. We have plenty of time," he said with a teasing grin.

I sighed, knowing that Alonzo's laid-back attitude was one of the things I loved about him, but it also drove me crazy at times. I quickly got out of bed and started to get dressed, but then I realized I didn't have any clothes with me.

Panic started to rise in my chest as I frantically searched for something to wear. Alonzo seemed to sense my distress and he sat up, looking concerned.

"What's wrong, love?" he asked, his teasing tone now replaced with genuine worry.

"I don't have any clothes to wear," I replied, feeling flustered.

Alonzo smiled and got out of bed, walking over to his closet. He pulled out a pair of loose, baggy pants and a grey hoodie, handing them to me.

"Here, wear these. They'll look great on you, it's the smallest pair I own I think." he said with a twinkle in his eye.

I hesitated, not used to wearing such casual clothing, but Alonzo insisted. I stared at myself in his bathroom mirror. I dived into the purse trying to find my makeup products, slightly adjusting every hint of tiredness. I wet my comb with water and styled my hair into a slicked back knot.

I stared at myself in the mirror one last time, unable to recognize this woman. I looked surprisingly put together, yet extremely comfortable. I walked out the bathroom my eyes wandering around his house.

I never really paid attention to the place. This was the first time I could openly observe the place. 

It was small, but it was well-decorated. He had put up pictures and posters on the walls, none of them contained any hint of his private life though. It was either some random abstract painting, or musicians. There were led lights wrapped around the ceilling, giving the room a edgy atmosphere. His bed contained dark grey sheets, and only 2 pillows resting on the header.

There was a black desk fitted perfectly at the corner across his bed. A computer setup placed on it with a few extra decorations. The small plant close to dying really stood out. Of course he doesn't know how to keep a plant alive. Next to the desk he had a long storage shelf. A toy car was placed on the top shelf looking like it hadn't been touched for decades.

"You've placed it at the top like a trophy, yet made it look like it was worthless." I said, nodding at the car. He got up from tying his shoe laces and approached me, until he was a breath away.

"It's greater than a trophy, just slips my eyes sometimes." - he said as he placed is arm around my waist, until his his hand was motioning in circles on my stomache. "Shall we get going?" he asked, getting a nod from me in return.

As I sat in the passenger seat of Alonzo's car, I couldn't help but feel a sense of nervousness and excitement. It was the first day of school and we were no longer just pretending to be a couple, 

As we pulled into the school parking lot, I could feel all eyes on us.

As we made our way to our lockers, Alonzo spoke "Are you doing this on purpose?"

I raised an brow at his open question, not understanding what he meant "Do what?"

"Keep me away? You know my class is like on the other side of the world?"

"It's not easy, especially since I've gotten a taste, it's not easy to forget, love."

I rolled my eyes playfully, but couldn't hide the blush that crept onto my cheeks "I'll text you." I replied, trying to maintain a serious tone.

Alonzo chuckled and planted a kiss on my forehead. 'I'll be waiting.'

As we reached our lockers, I was met with my closest friend, who was grinning at us. "So the problems gone!! my best friend, Melissa, exclaimed.

I blushed and looked at Alonzo, who was beaming at me. "Yeah it's gone." I said, feeling a sense of happiness wash over me.