rasasvada

Appletree by Erykah Badu

Glendale, AZ
Thursday May 29th
Samir Cadaver | Sage

"I'm as hungry as a bitch." Kaia mumbled as she rubbed her stomach.

"Where do you want to go to eat?" Gianni asked as they all walked through the big mall.

"I can't lie guys I could really do with some Chinese." Acacia said thinking about some spring rolls.

"That sounds nice but I was thinking more of some seafood." Kaia said to which the twins agreed.

"We can go get some food and we can go home and make it." Adelina suggested, she'd rather cook than buy.

"Yeah but that'd take like an hour to make." Kaia wanted seafood and she wanted it now she didn't want to wait hours.

"Yeah but even if we ordered from Timmy's it'd take like an hour to deliver anyways." Addison informed, he'd ordered seafood about a week ago and only got it a couple hours later.

"Yeah," Adrienne nodded her head, "may as well make it: I'm with Adelina."

"Okay that's fine, I'm going to go to KFC just to get something to eat now, just a little trilogy box or something. I'll drive back with Samir and you guys can go to target."

"I'd prefer to go to walmart," Acacia said as she let out a yawn, "i'm ready to hit the sack, let's go. We'll see you guys back at Adelina's."

Today the crew had a little link up: Gianni, Kaia, Samir, Acacia and the twins Adrienne and Addison.

Jalen didn't want to come because he saw no point in going to the mall when he didn't need anything and Samir was practically forced out of the house.

Soavi was doing his own thing now and that was fine with everybody, he'd been making a lot of homophobic comments lately and nobody fucked with that especially when it came down to Addison because he doesn't trouble anybody.

Although it would be a shame to lose their bestfriend over a sexual orientation what had to be done just had to be done.

Samir didn't mind going to the mall today, he felt at peace today, he didn't feel nauseated or stressed like other days: he was okay with being in public.

He wouldn't admit it but it was because he woke up to a morning text from Mindy. She said 'goodmorning x'. They'd spoken a couple times but Samir was no better on the phone than he was in person, he could not keep conversations flowing to save his life. He was blunt and his personality could be perceived as dull however Mindy didn't view him as that in the slightest.

She saw a guarded gorgeous man that had stocked his walls up high however she wouldn't mind breaking them, he looked like he had a very hard exterior however was just an absolute bear inside.

Mindy wanted to be the only one with access to the real him however she predicted that she probably wasn't due to the people he hanged around. Little did she know they barely knew him.

"Do you want anything?" Samir shook his head no as Kaia began lightly tapping her finger tips on the counter.

"Hello what can I get for you?" The cashier asked politely.

"Can I get a twelve peace meal?" Samir thought she was quite stupid for wasting $22 on food when the others were out getting supplies to make a seafood boil and disrespectful because they were going to waste their money on all this stuff to feed Kaia because she wanted a seafood boil.

Samir would never say it though however it was a selfish move in his opinion, she didn't even need the food — Kaia just liked to waste her money on silly things like food and clothes.

"Your total is $24.99." The cashier said as she placed either hand on the cash register.

"Here you go." Kaia gave the woman $20 and five $1.

"Thank you." The cashier responded handing her her change, Samir and Kaia walked off to the side as the woman took the order of the people behind them.

"It's busy in here." Kaia observed yawning slightly.

Samir didn't think it was overly busy however there was a couple people from what he could see.

"Work is killing my ass, it's way too toxic for me." Kaia laughed at herself, "i'm supposed to be having positive vibes only and that bitch is just so ugh pessimistic." Kaia worked as a business analyst for her brother and so she was constantly working, at first - when she was a couple years younger - the job seemed like a breeze in a park. Now it's more like a storm in a park.

Samir looked at Kaia to see her looking at the workers, "I'm so hungry right now." Kaia mumbled to herself. Samir stared at her for a while before dropping his gaze down to her stomach.

His eyes looked back up to Kaia's face and this time she was staring right back at him, he looked back down to her stomach and then trailed his eyes back up.

Kaia felt awkward under his gaze, although she was only 5'8 and Samir was 6'2 she felt minuscule in his vision.

"Order #72!" A worker yelled causing their eye challenge to go on hold as Kaia went to receive her food.

Once she was done they left the mall and made their way to Samir's hellcat. Kaia felt very nervous and uncomfortable however she wasn't afraid per say. There wasn't much Samir could do, it's not really like he'd run off and go tell someone.

Respecting Samir's silence in his car no music would play usually this wouldn't be so awkward since she was used to it, this was nothing new: he hated music being played in his car (he hated it being played in anyone's car however the only had somewhat control over what happened in his car), however this time just felt different. The silence was miserable and bone-chilling.

Kaia bit into each tender feeling her worries trot away as she finished tender after tender. If there was one thing Kaia could do that's better eat, she lived to eat, one thing she never got was full. That's why she thought no-one would/could catch on to her new eating habits.

She should've known though that nothing could get past Samir Cadaver, of course he'd catch on. She couldn't hide a pregnancy from her lifelong friend.