brumous

BP by Summer Walker

Glendale, AZ
Monday July 24th
Mindy Manor | MM

"Do you like the rain?" Mindy asked as she sat on her knees and looked out the bedroom window.

Despite it being the end of July and borderline August the weather was gloomy, the skies were dark and the weather was ever so inclement on this Tuesday morning.

'I don't mind it' Samir signed as he finished the shower box. They'd been packing for the last couple days
and everything was packed away in the living room and kitchen now they just had to clear out their whole room, bathroom and closet.

"I think I have to go shopping again," Samir had no problem with that: he didn't think she had enough clothes either, "I just really want to switch up my style y'know." Samir nodded as he started putting their towels in the box but left out two to add tomorrow.

"When's the moving van coming?" Samir paused and signed, 'tonight to pick up our stuff: it should be there Wednesday evening, thursday morning earliest'.

"What do you want to do for furniture? What do you want it to look like? I don't want it all to be black." Samir rolled his bottom lip in between his teeth as he finished putting any shampoo's and conditioners or other gels in the box.

'Anything you want, I'm up for a little change' Samir was prepared to paint the whole house in hot pink if that is what Mindy would like.

"I was thinking an all grey theme for the kitchen, brown stools and a small grey island thing. A built in washing machine, dishwasher and oven too." Samir could work with that, he'd call up some companies tonight.

"I saw this light where it was like a chandelier with multiple light bulbs coming off of it, I think it's called like a spider chandelier or something like that. I think that'd look very good in the kitchen." Samir made a mental note of it. "For the bathroom I had in mind something more modern like nothing too fancy, just a silver wallpaper maybe and tiles. Golden taps though and a mirror over the sink, that's very crucial." Samir nodded to show he was listening as he moved onto the next box.

"That's the first bathroom, for the second that wasn't as big remember so we could just have like a sauna bathroom. I don't know how to describe it well but a dark black marble with white swirls and then a bench chair and water coming from the ceiling and that's it. Nothing but a shower and some shower gels and a brown bench. Oh a mirror too, again crucial bathrooms need to have mirrors."

"Final bathroom is your pick." Samir didn't want to pick so he gestured for Mindy to do so, he wanted the house to be full of her ideas. "I've already done 2/3 the last is your idea." Samir shook his head.

"Well then it'll be plain because I'm not going to do everything, Mir." Samir preferred when Mindy called him Cade.

'I'm not saying you do everything to make you feel like you have to do it all on your own I just want it to be your own ideas, this is your first house and I want it to be to your perfection and everything that you like/want' Mindy instantly felt regretful for sounding ungrateful.

"I know that you— I'm sorry. I just felt like you expected me to do everything for a second but i know you're not like that." Mindy pondered over what the final bathroom should look like, "another marble theme but with plants and stones so it looks more like 'spiritual' or environmental i guess. With a long rectangular mirror so you can see your whole self in it. No sink and the transparent shower, like a glass door that you slide open." Samir nodded understandingly.