novalunosis

Never Ever Land by Trippie Redd

Glendale , AZ
Friday June 21st
Samir Cadaver | sage

"It looks so beautiful up here." Mindy said as she stared up at the stars, "astrophile is the appropriate term for somebody who is in love with stars." Samir already knew that but remained quiet.

"Do you often stare up at the stars?" Samir nodded, "I love staring up at the stars — they're so beautiful."

"Thank you for showing me this." Samir had randomly picked up Mindy thirty minute beforehand.

His justification was that he'd been missing her, when he came to the realisation that he was missing her as soon as he dropped her off on Wednesday he immediately went to Soraya's house: he was worried.

He was afraid of his feelings and where they'd take him, he knew what he was feeling: fondness or possible attachment towards the young woman.

Truthfully the feelings made him quite uneasy but Soraya was over the moon when he'd told her, she was very happy. She even mentioned throwing a party, Samir quickly shut that down though because he thought that was quite overboard.

Soraya was just happy: she never thought she'd see the day when Samir would have feelings for someone but she was overfilled with joy that he was.

Samir was at the gym when he began thinking of Mindy, he honestly was hoping to see her there and so when he didn't he didn't even want to be there.

He messaged her on his way back home and she quickly replied saying she was home doing nothing. He decided to go home and get washed and dressed and then go pick her up.

He didn't know where he was going to take her but he didn't just want to drive around so he decided to take her to his special place.

He'd never told anyone about it before, it was his little escape.

You had to climb this ladder all the way to the top, it was a little scary if you looked down so he made sure to never do so.

Mindy was very wary and unsure however as soon as she saw Samir begin climbing with a sigh she soon followed.

When she got to the top they were very far off of the ground and surrounded by flowers and stars.

She walked around the rooftop for around ten minutes admiring all the pretty pink petals and then joined Samir on the floor in the centre of the rooftop.

"Samir?" Man in question hummed to show he was listening, "I don't mind if you don't ever do but, do you think you'll ever talk again?"

Samir couldn't lie and say this wasn't a question that sat on his mind constantly however with very thoughtful deliberation he knew that he probably wouldn't ever.

He didn't even know how to speak anymore and he didn't think it was something he wanted to do, he doesn't like other people talking (albeit mindy) so he didn't want to do it himself.

He shook his head and Mindy bit down on her lip as she refrained from looking at him, "is it because you've forgotten how?" Samir shrugged slightly as he continued to look up at the stars.

"You don't ever talk to yourself?" Samir shook his head no, it wasn't something he'd ever done. He hadn't talked for over a decade and as previously mentioned even when he did talk the upcoming of his prevention of verbal speech was gradual, he only said a couple words here and there before he completely stopped talking. "sometimes I can see that you want to say something but can't, then you get angry. Why don't you let yourself talk?" Samir didn't know the answer to that, nobody had ever asked him a question like that: he was unsure on how to respond so he just shrugged.

"Do you shrug when you don't know the answer to something?" He raised his arms in the air and became signing.

'Sometimes or when I don't know how to explain the answer or what would be the best answer'

"I-I don't mind if you can't communicate with me properly, I guess sometimes no answer is better than an answer I'd dislike. But sometimes I think we need to hear things we dislike, can you let me know things I don't dislike just as much as you let me see things I do like?" Samir nodded and signed 'okay' which caused Mindy to thank him.

"I don't mind that you don't talk Samir, dialogue is overrated." Mindy intertwined their fingers and raised their combined hands in the air, "I-I still like you y'know." Mindy was slowly but surely realising that what she felt was more than just basic like however she knew she couldn't label it as love. It was certainly too early for that.

However she didn't want to waste time, she wanted Samir to know: she couldn't explain why but she just wanted him to know.

Samir nodded and pulled their hands down and kissed the back of her hand.

Samir let go of her hand and then signed 'I like you too' Mindy smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder and grabbed his hand again.

"I know it's pretty quick Samir but I-I just don't want to waste time. I think that'd be stupid because we haven't got time to waste. We're not young but we're certainly not that old and we could die tomorrow i-in fact we could die right now a-and I just don't want to die without being with you." Mindy rambled as she spoke all in one breath. She inhaled for ten seconds before exhaling counting the whole time, "you've brightened my life honestly. You've educated me and changed my perspective on a lot of things, I appreciate you so much Samir." Samir was positive that that was the best compliment he'd ever received.

'Thank you' he signed with his right hand as his left hand was in Mindy's right.

"Do you think we could ever date?" Mindy asked unsure where this surge of confidence had come from, "would you ever date me?" Samir didn't know what the appropriate answer would be so he opted for just nodding — it made a smile instantly appear on Mindy's face.

"I-I'm going to shut up now," she said as her confidence dissipated, "let's just enjoy the stars."