Chapter 21

Time skip 2 years~

It has been 2 years and next week is the awaited day for their prince. Next week is Arius' birthday. He is finally turning 2 years old!     ( ^∀^) Time flies fast. The main palace was chaotic with the preparation of their prince's birthday.

Ambrosine, Athanasia, and Arius were in Ambrosine's study room. Ambrosine was doing her paperwork, preparing for Arius' birthday as the two children were on the carpet playing together. Luke was sitting down, watching Arius crawl around and try to catch the prince when he was about to fall. Athanasia was watching her brother crawling around and playing with him. It was a peaceful atmosphere with only giggles.

Around two hours later, Claude came in with Felix following behind. Ambrosine waves to the two males before continuing her work. Claude went to his wife whereas Felix went to the royal children and playing with them.

"Are you done with your work?" Ambrosine asked her husband

"Hmm...are you almost done with yours?" Claude asked, looking at Ambrosine's paperwork before walking to the couch and slumping down.

"Almost," Ambrosine replied, moving her hand at the same time

"Why are you even working?" Claude asked. "Just let the servants do it."

"It's my job, your highness," Ambrosine said. "Besides I don't want to be like you, letting Felix do your job while you laze around."

Felix flinched when he heard his name, and quickly denied it when he saw his emperor glaring at him.

"No, it's alright. I'm used to it"

"So, you are saying that his majesty has been giving you his paperwork this whole time?" Ambrosine asked Felix before turning to Claude and gave him a disappointed look.

"No! He only gives me his paperwork when he comes to find you and the princess," Felix said, defending Claude

"...If you say so," Ambrosine said, giving up. Poor Felix...to see you being threatened by Claude even though you are innocent. All of them began to do their own thing before their prince's birthday, not knowing that something will happen that night.

Time skip~

It was time for Arius' birthday party, and the guest was going inside the ballroom one by one, wearing their newest clothes, and flocking out their wealth. What no one knew was that some assassins were faking as nobles blending inside with the crowds. As they were chatting, the assassin was looking at the balcony where the royals were coming through. We just have to wait until it's time to give presents to the Prince before we start the plan. One out of the three assassins thought. There was also something that the assassins didn't know, it was that someone was watching them. That person is a narcissist magician, the princess playmate, Lucas.

Lucas was doing his job protecting the people on the sidelines before he saw through the disguise of the assassins. He was amused that the guards couldn't see through the assassin's disguise. As he couldn't go report to the royals yet, he just kept a close eye on the assassin in the shadows. Lucas was keeping a close eye on the assassins until he something, no someone. It was a girl around the princess' age, but what shocked him more was that something was oozing out of the girl; black magic. Ahh...it's the chimera I saw at Whitey Junior's house. (You guys know who I'm talking about, right?) To think she is here, how amusing. I should tell this to the princess, I could already imagine her expression. With that, Lucas kept an eye on the assassins and sometimes on the chimera.