Chapter 30

Another day, another tea party. Today, Athanasia and the ladies are having a boat ride. The weather is sunny and perfect for a boat ride. Athanasia and Jennette are seen to be riding a boat together.

"The scenery is stunning," Jennette said.

How did we end up like this again...? Athanasia thought, smiling at Jennette.

The two ended up like that because the ladies were fighting over who will sit with the princess. Lady Jennette took the chance and sat together in the boat with the princess.

Ehem

"Your eyes are as blue as the lake right now, princess," Jennette complimented.

"Really?" Athanasia asked.

"They're a similar color to my eyes right now," Jennette responded.

As the two were chit-chatting, you can also hear some chit chats from the other ladies as well.

"When I first saw you, His Majesty, His Highness, and Her Majesty standing together were warm and amicable," Jennette said. "Somehow I couldn't take my eyes off you four."

Jennette giggled a bit while Athanasia only stared at her.

"You seem to be very close with the Alpheus family too, Jennette," Athanasia said.

If I was really Athanasia, would I consider Jennette's kindness as friendship? Athanasia thought.

"Yes, right. They are like family to me," Jennette responded.

"..." Athanasia didn't say anything.

Let's not talk about this any longer. I feel like I'm fishing for something I already know. Athanasia thought.

"Um...if you don't mind, would you accept this gift?" Jennette questioned. "It's a satin ribbon."

Jennette pulled out a small gift box that held the said satin ribbon.

"I just kept thinking about the ribbon I returned during the debutante being ruined...I couldn't get it clean no matter how much I tried," Jennette stated. "But when I happened to be out one day, I happened to come across a ribbon that I thought just happened to suit you."

As Jennette was talking, she strongly said the word happened.

Athanasia stared at Jennette and remembered a small flashback during the time she sneaked out.

"Did you forget? We haven't bought the most important thing yet," Jennette said to Ijekial.

"I heard there is a place to get satin ribbons nearby," Ijekial told Jennette while holding out his hand for Jennette to place on.

"...Ah, but-" Jennette started, yet stopped. She remembered the glowing blue jeweled eyes of the one and only emperor, Claude de Alger Obelia. "It's not anything special...It might now...be your taste..."

Athanasia only stared at Jennette, whose head was down. She took the gift from Jennette's hand and said, "Thank you so much for the gift. I'll make sure to wear it to the next tea party."

Jennette's eyes widen in surprise.

"How exciting. A ribbon Miss Magrita chose for me herself," Athanasia said happily.

"If you do, I would be so glad," Jennette said happily, smiling brightly at the blonde princess.

A lovely fourteen-year-old girl.

"One way or another, you end up paying the price for dark magic," the so-called former magician in the bookstore said. "A child conceived through dark magic would surely be cursed."