Chapter 34 (Season 2)

*Since Ambrosine lost her memory, I'm going to refer to her as Y/n in case you guys are confused.

"Who are you?" Ambrosine -no, L/n Y/n- asked.

"Huh?"

"I asked, who are you? kegh," Y/n asked then coughed.

"N-no!" Athanasia shouted.

"You can't move all of a sudden like that," Arius stated panicky.

Claude gently brought Y/n back up on the bed before she dropped down to the floor.

Y/n looked at the hands that are touching her and gently removed them away from her.

"Please don't touch me," Y/n said. "It's a bit unpleasant for strangers to touch me."

This made everyone look at Y/n in shock. Claude, who previously held her, looked like he was going to die. He got rejected; he got rejected by his wife, who claimed not to remember who he is.

"Once again, who are you people and where am I?" Y/n asked harshly.

To think random people dared to touch her like that and talk to her like they are close. The only person other than her friends and family that are allowed to touch her like that is her fiancé, Aiji Yanagi.

"We are your children, mom," Arius said.

"Children?" Y/n questioned. "I'm sorry, but I'm only engaged and not married yet to have children."

"Mom, you are married to dad!" Athanasia said.

"I'm sorry, but I don't remember getting married to him," Y/n replied.

With that statement, the people in the room were shocked. Ambrosine really lost her memories.

"Ambrosine...d-do you not really remember us?" Claude asked. Poor man was in pain mentally and physically.

Time skip~

Days passed and the palace was barely alive considering their happy Empress has lost her memories.

The Beatrice family came to visit immediately when they read the letter that Athanasia sent -cause Claude was too shocked and didn't want to leave Ambrosine alone- concerning Ambrosine and her amnesia. They didn't stay too long since they have an empire to rule and it was so awkward because Y/n didn't remember her so-called family either.

One concern that Y/N have been keeping to herself is why they are calling her by a name she never heard before. Of course, the other concerns are why everyone looks so familiar and where her fiancé and family are.

Y/N decided that once they have their usual tea time and making her remember things, she will asks her questions; starting with her name.

At the garden

(What Y/N is wearing)

Those around the family could feel the tension rising between the family of four. All of them were in their own thought.

I should ask about my name first before asking the other questions. Y/N thought.

"Mom," Arius called out, breaking her thought. "You should eat something. We prepared all your favorites."

"Ah...thank you," Y/N thanked and picked up a chocolate cake. "This is delicious!"

Athanasia, Arius, and Claude smiled at Y/N's reaction. It seems that even if she lost her memory, her love for her sweets are still the same. Same reaction and same food.

After enjoying their tea time, Y/N dropped a big bomb, making everyone around them feel shocked and sad.

"Why do you call me Ambrosine?"