Chapter 24

The next day~

Today was the day that Athanasia will ask Claude to be her dance partner. Right now, Ambrosine, Claude, Athanasia, and Arius are having their usual tea time.

"Dad...," Athanasia said.

Arius looked at his sister and wished her the best of luck. Ambrosine was squealing inside while smiling outside. Kyaaa! It's finally time for Athy to ask Claude to be her partner! I can't wait for their dance because of how beautiful they will be and *cough* Athy stepping on Claude's *cough* feet *cough* Man, I'm coughing a lot.

"Hmm...," Claude said, looking up at his daughter

"I'm so worried about my debutante coming up soon," Athanasia said, faking a sad face. "What if I get nervous and make a mistake?"

"You can make mistakes," Claude said as the mother and son watch the show. Man, real life is better than on screen.

"I'm working hard on the dance, but I'm still worried," Athanasia said

"What is there to worry about?" Claude said. "If you make a mistake, it would be Felix's fault for not taking better care of you." 

I feel sorry for Felix. The trio (Athanasia, Ambrosine, and Arius) thought

"But someone might say mean things about me," Athanasia said

"Then that would be the last thing they ever say," Claude and Arius said at the same time

"Don't worry, Athy," Ambrosine reassured. "No one will hurt you."

"You don't need to think too much about it," Claude told her. "Just dance for the sake of formality and get out after."

It's finally time. Ambrosine thought. I can finally see this scene in real life!

"Actually daddy," Athanasia said. "I was hoping to make my entrance holding your hand that day."

When Athanasia said that, Claude looked up from his teacup and stared at his daughter. Noticing that, Athanasia continued.

"I want to dance the first dance with you," Athanasia told him. "And I want you to be the first to congratulate me on my debut as a 14-year-old with Mama and Arius."

While saying that, Athanasia made a cute face; it was hard to say no if she asks something with that face; not even the cold-hearted emperor. Though on the inside, Athanasia thought to finish the game once and for all.

"But daddy...," Athanasia said slowly. "You don't really like those kinds of things, do you? That's why I asked Felix instead."

Athanasia fain a sad face and glanced at Claude. She continues her sentence, "I really want to go with you. A debutante is something that happens only once in a lifetime."

"I shouldn't be so greedy," Athanasia said. "I'm sure Felix will take care of me well enough. I'll try my best to make you proud."

I'm sure enjoying this show more than I thought. Damn, this is good. I wish I have a camera to record this whole thing.

"Hmm. Well, if you really want it that badly," Claude said, dramatically sipping his tea. "Then it's nothing I can't do."

"Really?!" Athanasia asked. Her face was sparkling. Ambrosine and Arius high five each other under the table. "But I thought you didn't like those kinds of places or dancing."

"One or two dance is not that big of a deal," Claude mumbled

The two continued to talk until Athanasia jumped on Claude and hugged him real tight. Now that, ladies and gentlemen, what a good papa should do. Such a good ending. I'm so proud of you Claude. Ambrosine thought, wiping a fake tear like a proud mother whose child just took their first step.