Chapter 25

Today was finally Athanasia's 14th birthday. Hannah, Ces, Lily, Felix, Ambrosine, and Arius congratulated the princess happily. They each prepared gifts for the 14-year old girl.

Athanasia thanked everyone and they had their party. Even when everyone was having a party, one particular Emperor was in his chambers, drinking his sorrow away; it was after all Diana's death anniversary.

As usual, Ambrosine would go find Claude and comfort him. Right now, Ambrosine was in front of Claude's chambers, ready to go in. When she walked in, she saw such a pitiful and sad view in front of her. Empty bottles of alcohol and Claude on the couch, looking lifeless.

 Empty bottles of alcohol and Claude on the couch, looking lifeless

(No matter how many times I see it, it's so sad)

Ambrosine walked to behind Claude and hugged him by his neck. No matter how many years she saw him this vulnerable, she can't get used to it. It's just so sad. The way he looked is like what she would do when she missed her fiance from her past life, yet she didn't.

"Claude," Ambrosine softly said

Claude didn't say anything and only snuggled closer to Ambrosine. She could only giggle sadly at his vulnerable state.

"It's fine," Ambrosine said. "You can let it out."

Claude felt tears streaming down his face bit by bit. He never cried like that before. Not even his bosom brother seen him cry. It feels like only Ambrosine can bring his true feelings out. Ambrosine could only soothe him as she can't do anything else to help.

"Cry all you want Claude," Ambrosine told him. "No one will say anything."

Claude could only sob and let his despair out. Ambrosine didn't notice that she also had tears streaming down her face. If Diana didn't die, would things be different? If her fiance was with her this life, would she be able to love Claude and meet everyone in Obelia?

She never said this to anyone, but if it weren't for the treaty or Diana's death, she wouldn't be able to meet with Athanasia, Claude, Felix, Lily, Lucas, and many more. She wouldn't be able to move on from her fiance if she didn't meet them. She would have been mentally exhausted for mourning that she left her fiance and family.

If she didn't meet them, she would have built walls and facades to not worry those around her that she is a depressed and sad woman. She wouldn't be able to show her true happiness. She wanted to thank everyone because they helped her. 

The way Claude is would be an example of what Ambrosine is like. She and her fiance are far away from each other; in a far different dimension, the universe, and the world. They can't meet each other anymore.

"Diana...would like to see you happy Claude," Ambrosine soothes him. "She left you a gift that is filled with both your love. That gift is Athanasia, Claude."

"Athanasia was expecting you to congratulate her," Ambrosine told him and he flinched when he heard that. "I know you are sad, but please don't do that to the child."