Chapter 26

Ambrosine and Claude were out of the ballroom talking about some business with an official. As they were talking, both heard Athanasia calling for them.

"Daddy! Mommy!" Athanasia called with Arius and Felix behind her

"Is something wrong?" Ambrosine asked

"The ball isn't over yet, right?" Claude asked too

"Nothing's wrong," Arius replied

"It's almost the end of it so I thought I might just go home," Athanasia finished

"You've been looking forward to this debutante for so long," Claude said. "Why would you leave so soon?"

"Huh? I-I just..." Athanasia stuttered

"Did someone bother you?" Claude questioned. "Or did someone behave rudely or say something that upset you?"

"Felix Robane," Claude commanded

"Yes, Your Majesty," Felix replied, kneeling on one knee. His head down and sweating bullets.

"I thought I told you to make sure the princess is well taken during our absence," Claude said firmly

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty," Felix apologized. "I was too careless."

"We're returning to the hall," Claude said. "It seems that I've been quiet for too long."

"D-Dad?" Athanasia stuttered

"Don't worry," Claude reassured. "It seems those fools truly wish to die."

"P-Papa?" Arius stuttered, a bit afraid of Claude's angry face

"Those who dared speak badly to my daughter and son will have their tongues cut off," Claude threaten. "And those who forgot their manners and behaved rudely will have their hands and feet cut off and hung on the gate as an example. Felix, take the princess, prince, and empress back to the Diamond palace."

"Claude de Alger Obelia," Ambrosine said sternly which made Claude stop.

Claude turned to Ambrosine and stared at her shocked, and confused since Ambrosine was never the one who gets mad easily.

"Athanasia and Arius must have a reason why they came out," Ambrosine said. "You should at least listen to their reason before going on a killing spree. You are making them scared."

"Tsk...fine," Claude said, clicking his tongue

"Don't click your tongue," Ambrosine instructed. "Get it?"

The way Ambrosine said that made Arius and Athanasia hiccuped

The way Ambrosine said that made Arius and Athanasia hiccuped. Felix and Claude were sweating a bit, albeit they didn't show. This was the first time Ambrosine ever got mad this seriously. Normally, she would only get playfully mad, but this was a first. To say the least, they don't want to experience this again.