Chapter 6

Athanasia POV

I am 7 years old this year. I am running to papa's study room by myself because Felix is training some knights. I opened the door and saw papa sleeping. I walked to him and saw he was peacefully sleeping. I then notice a paper and a curious cat I am, I took the paper. On the paper, it said 'Political Marriage Between Beatrice Empire and Obelia Empire.' I was beyond shock and started daydreaming until papa woke up and called my name.

"Athanasia? What are you doing here?" Papa asked

"Hehe...Athy wanted to see papa this~ much!" I said stretching my arms as wide as I can.

"What are you hiding behind your back?" Papa asked

"Nothing..." I replied

Papa looked at me and said, "Athanasia, show me what you are hiding."

"Okay..." I said.

I showed him the document about the political marriage between the two empires. Papa was shocked to see the paper. Why didn't he tell me?

"So you saw..." Papa said

"Why didn't you tell Athy, Papa?"

"It's only a political one. If you don't want me to marry, then I'll decline"

"No, it's fine. Who are you marrying, papa?"

"She is the princess of Beatrice Empire. Her name is Ambrosine Beatrice, the first princess, and only princess, as well as the sister of the emperor, Ambrose Beatrice."

"Do you know what she looks like, papa?"

"She has silver hair and blue eyes. I think she is two years younger than me. There are rumors she is called Saintess of Beatrice because she helped the commoners."

"Oh...I hope she likes Athy..."

"If she doesn't like you, I'll divorce her right away. Do you not want me to marry her?"

"No...hic...hic, it's not like that. Papa, don't leave Athy...hic" ('༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ')

"Shh...I won't leave you" ( T_T)\(^-^ )

End of Athanasia's POV

———————————————————————
One year later; Ambrosine is 24 years old, Claude is 26, and Athanasia is 8

Today was the day Ambrosine and Claude would finally meet for their wedding. It was a two-day trip using the teleportation portal. If there wasn't, then it would've taken around one week. Right now Ambrosine is outside the palace door, where the wedding will take place. Wearing her wedding gown and interlocking her arms with her father, she waited for the large doors to open.

(this is what Ambrosine is wearing

(this is what Ambrosine is wearing. Everything is the same except imagine her eyes as blue instead)

Inside the wedding hall, was all the nobles. Standing next to the priest was the groom, Claude de Alger Obelia. Next to him, was the crown princess, Athanasia de Alger Obelia. Athanasia was panicking inside her head, scared since the novel never mentioned the empire or the marriage. Outside the door, Ambrosine was also mentally panicking. Oh my gawd, what do I do? I'm marrying the tyrant emperor, the one and only Claude de Alger Obelia. I am now a mother too. (T_T) I need to stop panicking. I have to do this right. I'm not gonna disgrace my family. Let's do this y/n! You can do it! Snapping out of her thought, the door started opening, indicating it is time to walk the aisle.

Walking along the aisle arm in arm with her father, Ambrosine heard a lot of whispering: 'Looks like the rumors are true...she is really a beauty' 'The princess is really beautiful' 'They look like a match made from heaven' Hearing those whisperings, Ambrosine couldn't help but blush a bit. Once at the end of the aisle, her father took Ambrosine's hand and put it on Claude's hand. Wow, his hands are really big. Facing Claude for a second, Ambrosine noticed someone staring at her. She saw Athanasia staring at her cutely, to which she replied with a smile and a small giggle, seeing the young girl looking flustered and avoid eye contact with her. Claude seemed to notice the giggle but paid no mind. Both Claude and Ambrosine faced the priest.

"Do you Claude de Alger Obelia, take Ambrosine Beatrice, to be your fully wed wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do part, according to God's holy law?" The priest asked

"I, Claude de Alger Obelia, take you, Ambrosine Beatrice, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death we do part, according to God's holy law, in the presence of God I make this vow," Claude answered facing Ambrosine then back at the priest.

The priest turned to Ambrosine and asked the same question, "Do you Ambrosine Beatrice, take Claude de Alger Obelia, to be your fully wed husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do part, according to God's holy law?"

"I, Ambrosine Beatrice, take you, Claude de Alger Obelia, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death we do part, according to God's holy law, in the presence of God I make this vow," Ambrosine replied while looking at Claude before looking back at the priest. I can't believe I'm marrying him. I hope he doesn't kill me. But, man, he sure is handsome and hot in real life and up close. If I'm not careful enough, I might faint from blood loss. (≧∇≦)(//∇//)

Ambrosine and Claude then exchanged their wedding rings.

(this is their wedding ring)

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest said. Claude opened the veil and leaned closer to Ambrosine. The kiss lasted 2 seconds. It was a quick kiss without love. Finishing their vows, everyone applauds in between the kiss. Everyone in the hall chanted,

"Blessing and glory upon the sun and moon of the Obelian Empire!!"

"Blessings to the Beatrice Empire!"

"Blessing and glory upon the Obelian Empire!!"

"All hail his majesty, Emperor Claude, and her majesty, Empress Ambrosine!"

Thus the wedding ceremony ends, and the start of the mini after party. ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪