Chapter 22

It was morning and the first to wake up was the youngest child, the two-year-old baby, Arius. He moved his head and scan the room until he saw his mother, sleeping next to him. Arius quickly nuzzled his body closer to his mother, resulting in making his mother awake. She opened her eyes and saw how her son nuzzled himself closer to her and staring at her with his big jewel cerulean eyes. Ambrosine smiled at him and kissed his temple.

"Good morning, Arius," Ambrosine whispered, to which Arius gurgled. "It's still early in the morning, we shouldn't wake up Papa and big sister"

Ambrosine then got up, her hand being untangled with Claude, and carried Arius to his room/playroom next door. Arius is supposed to have his palace, but the Emperor rejected, saying that once he is 5 years old, he can sleep on his own. Of course, Ambrosine didn't disagree with him. She wanted to spend time with her son before he grows up.

As they arrive, Ambrosine places Arius on the carpet to let him play with his toys. It's been two years since Ambrosine had Arius and it's been a few months since Arius started to learn how to walk and said his first word. It feels like it was only yesterday when Arius started walking and talking.

Flashback~

Arius was around 10 months when he started talking. It was the day when the royal family was chilling around as they already finished their work. Arius was playing with Athanasia before he crawled to Ambrosine who was sitting at the edge of the carpet with Claude next to her. Felix and Luke were training the soldiers as they didn't need to protect the family since all of them are together.

Ambrosine saw that her baby boy was crawling toward her, she cheered on the boy who was smiling at her. "You can do it, sweetie, come to mama!"

Arius was doing his best to crawl to his mother. Once he reached his mother, Arius was then lifted by Ambrosine, who was kissing him all over his face. Arius was just giggling from the ticklish feeling.

"You did a good job, Arius! Mama is so proud of you!" Ambrosine complimented the baby. All Arius did was giggle. As the mother-son was playing around, Claude and Athanasia looked at both of them unamused as the mother and son seemed to forget that they are still inside. With both the father-daughter duo sulking, they were surprised to hear their baby saying his first word.

While both the mother and son were playing around, Ambrosine froze when she heard Arius said his first word. Do you want to know?? I know you want to...

"Mama!" Arius said. It was a happy moment. Why? Not only because it's his first word, but it's because it shows how much his mother means to him; how he loves his mother a lot. "Mama! Mama!"

Ambrosine froze when she heard his first word. She then snapped after she heard him calling her again. She was really happy that she hugged her baby boy and smooch him everywhere around his face.

"Kyaa! I'm so proud of you Arius! That's right, mama is here!" Ambrosine excitedly said. Now that was his first word.

Flashback ends~ (Sorry I'm lazy to write his first time walking)

Ahhh...how nostalgic. As it's been an hour or so, Ambrosine called for Arius. He looked at his mother who was smiling.

"Come here, sweetie," Ambrosine told him. Arius tried to walk to Ambrosine who was opening her arms widely.

"Mama! Mama!" Arius said, walking to her slowly. As soon as he arrived, Ambrosine quickly wraps her arms around Arius and carried him

"Let's go shower then wake up Athy and Papa, okay?" Ambrosine said, which Arius nodded

Ambrosine and Arius then went to their bathroom and shower. After their shower, they went back to the bed, still seeing that the father-daughter duo was still asleep. Ambrosine had this devilish look on her face and Arius was confused but still tried to copy the expression. Ambrosine saw and quietly giggled as her son did a cute devilish face, though it was too cute rather than mischievous.