Valentine's - Bucky Barnes (Romantic)

Valentine's day was one of the days that most of the Avengers got off. But not me. I was a single pringle and pining over someone who would never want me back.

"You going anywhere today?"

I looked over to see Natasha and Steve. I shook my head.

"Have fun on your date," I said, fake enthusiasm dripping from my voice.

Natasha glanced at me sympathetically before leaving hand in hand with Steve. I huffed and propped my head on my chin.

There was no way I was going outside today, so instead I decided to go to the gym. I got changed into some stretchy yoga pants and a tank top. I made my way down to the training floor. I opened the door and was relatively surprised to see Bucky down there. I thought he would have a date for Valentine's Day.

"Hey, y/n," Bucky said when he noticed me.

"Hey, Bucky," I said.

"Want to spar?" he asked.

I nodded, not sure if I could speak now that I noticed his almost see through shirt. I placed down my drink bottle and walked over to the mat.

"No powers. You'd flatten me," Bucky said.

A small smile lit up my face. I loved it when he said things like that. Really causal compliments.

I rolled my shoulders and got into a fighting stance. Bucky swung his arm at me, and I blocked it. We swirled and twirled through the air, ducking and dodging attacks while launching our own. Eventually, Bucky had me underneath him, his knees pinning my thighs and his hands pinning my arms above my head. I wriggled, trying to get free, but also loving the way his body felt above mine.

"Surrender. I won," Bucky said.

"Only if you kiss me."

The words were out of my mouth before I could think them through. I felt heat rise to me cheeks and Bucky laughed.

"Sounds like a fair deal to me," Bucky said.

Bucky leaned forward and pecked me on the lips. I froze in shock for a moment as he pulled away before leaning up and kissing him again. He tensed for a moment before kissing me back. I struggled against his grip on my hands until he let go. I threaded my fingers through his hair, tugging and pulling him closer to me.

The doors to the gym banged open and Bucky rolled off of me. We both looked to the door to see Sam standing there with a gleeful expression on his face.

"I told you!" Sam yelled.

He then ran out of the room, yelling for Clint who left the tower yesterday so he could spend Valentine's Day with his wife.

I glanced to Bucky, who was sitting on the floor beside me. I hadn't risen from my place on the floor.

"So... about that..." I began, but Bucky interrupted me.

"I've liked you for a while now, y/n," Bucky said. "You're the only one who really knows what I've been through."

Goosebumps rose to my skin as I remembered my time in Hydra.

"But you're also kind, and funny. And extremely beautiful," he said.

I blushed, still lying on the floor. If I was a turtle, I would have disappeared into my shell.

"I guess that's something we have in common," I said. "Being extremely beautiful."

Bucky just chuckled.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

I finally sat up and looked him in the eyes.

"I'd love that."