CHAPTER 22

Donghae's POV:

I opened my eyes pokily and found myself in an unfamiliar room. It took me some minutes to get adjusted to my current surroundings and it was getting impossible for me to keep my eyes open as my head was constantly pounding and occasionally spinning but that did not stop me from thinking "where the hell am I?" I groaned as I tried to move my body sluggishly in an attempt to sit but failed. How the hell did I end up here? The queries kept rushing into my already aching head as I palmed my face in defeat but then reality hit me and all the events that took place lately flashed in my mind.

Adrenaline rushed into my veins when I remembered Hyukjae coming to my house and I felt my heart dropping to my knees when I recalled him lurching the familiar silver heart-shaped pendant before my face which had me on my knees making me thinking about the person to whom the pendant belonged to. I reminisced a sharp pain spurting in the back of my head as it was stroke hard with an unidentifiable weighty object and I couldn't remember anything as everything was a blur afterwards.

Tears threatened my eyes as Hyukjae's words kept ramming in my ears and I gasped when I reminded myself that he didn't show up at my house for me on the other night. It was just him and his another sickening game which he came to play that night and I knew very well that it was him who hit me from behind and eventually brought me here. I felt my heartbeats becoming unsteady at the thought of Hyukjae having the silver pendant which I clearly rembered swerving it around her neck with my own hands and how happy she was after wearing it on the other day. My jaw clenched and I scrunched the white sheet under my grip at the thought of how crestfallen she became when I broke her heart with spiteful words and chased her out of my house knowing how susceptible she was. And now, I didn't even know where the hell she was or how the hell she was doing and Hyukjae's sudden appearance at my house, talking about her, having her pendant with himself didn't help me at all. Rather it made me queasier than before.

"Rheanna!" I whimpered instinctively as my hold on the sheets got tighter and tighter. All this happened because of me, my bullheadedness. She was now endangered because of my selfishness. I put her life at risk because of my stupid decision. I couldn't stand this anymore. I had to do something. I couldn't let Hyukjae get away with it, doing more horrible things to her. The thoughts of her being ensnared by Hyukjae made me lose my calm and now I hastily got up from the bed forgetting all the heaviness I was feeling in my head but, sadly, I fell to the floor the moment my feet made contact with the ground. My fingers dug through my hair as my head spun making it all impossible for me to keep my eyes open. But in my blurry vision, in distance, I saw the door of my room opened and someone walked in. The thumping sound of the footsteps got closer and ceased right before my face. I was way too nauseated to figure out who it was but suddenly the person bent down, putting his weight on his knees and wave of shock washed over my body as I deciphered who it was. "S-Sam!" I managed to stuttered when he inched his face closer to mine and I didn't know how to react seeing him there. Sudden realisation stroke me as the memory of Hyukjae talking about Sam, unexpectedly, flooded in my mind which was not an ordinary thing and my eyes bewildered at him in horror. "Why?" I grunted being lied down on the floor.

"I'm sorry." Was all he whispered before he shot the injection in my flesh and I was blacked out in no time.